Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious if anyone uses injector cleaner on their beast. Is it safe for our vehicles? The dealership offers injector cleaning for $90 which is hopefully more than just a fuel additive dumped in the tank.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
I don't think the cleaner is necessary. If the injectors ever get dirty enough to cause a engine misfire tme engine light will come on. If you drive the vehicle often you should never have a problem with the injectors.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
further question

I was told that injection cleaning additives are never needed if good fuel is used, many recommend chevron gas because it is supposed to burn cleaner due to their additives. Any truth to this? I know most fuel is made in the same place but different additives are introduced depending on brand.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
All of the major fuel vendors include a cleaner in their fuel. I agree with with scr38, you'll get an error of some sort if the injectors are clogged. Save the $90 to offset the replacement cost.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.