Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Comrades >>> NEVER OFF-ROADED, 2011 Platinum 79K miles - truck runs fine, , despite developing a decent fuel leak at idle and underway. I would normally do a closer look at the fuel rail (messed up quadriceps playing with my German Shepard) I farmed out the job to a local franchise jobber, and they ran an estimate for $1900 - drop the tank (apparently to inspect the top side of the fuel lines, $500 ) RR fuel pump , new lines. I was hoping for a 'bush fix' , like Tony Beets does on ' GOLD RUSH' , but got the '.... you don't know anything about trucks other than they are very expensive to maintain ' This chit is getting more and more common now that they have these after-market 'maintenance plans' available to charge against ...

Anyway, this low mileage , incendiary vehicle continues to dump fuel on near 'EMPTY' . I have other indys that will put it up on the lift - any ideas where they should look ? Youtube vid proves, dropping the tank isn't necessary as there is an access hatch under the left rear seat where the pump and line connectors are exposed , the fuel pump seal can be assessed, etc.... I haven't found any forum reference to problematic , chronic failure , typical fuel line / connector failure points... have you ? Many Thanks ! Dingus

1 - 1 of 1 Posts