Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I know to build up air before hooking up trailer
When getting gas do you leave it running, unhook or what?

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm not quite sure what you are saying or asking, but if your asking if you need to unhook your trailer or leave your truck running when you fill up for gas because you have a trailer attached...Then no, just fill up like you always would.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not quite sure what you are saying or asking, but if your asking if you need to unhook your trailer or leave your truck running when you fill up for gas because you have a trailer attached...Then no, just fill up like you always would.
Thanks

Thanks

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
I think what the OP was asking about is in regards to the rear "air" suspension and if the weight of the gas would significantly raises or decreases the height of the rear and how the suspension would adjust. I would just fill er up as usual. No need to unhook or keep the truck running while filling up. It will adjust once you restart if needed, putting your rear end back in alignment with your trailer as you initially dialed it in.

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Registered
296 Posts
When towing, whenever I start the vehicle or restart the vehicle after a stop, I always give it a minute to decide if it wants to add/reduce air pressure. The sensor on the drivers rear a-arm sends a signal to the ECM. The ECM then decides if the compressor needs to kick on or if the relief valve needs to open.

I don't know what the actual time elapsed is, but I have counted about 10 seconds after starting the engine before I hear the compressor kick on. That tells me that the ECM wants to see a consistent reading from that sensor for about 10 seconds before it decides what to do. Then I let it do it's thing. Once the compressor kicks off I'll shift out of park.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts