Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
New member here, with a 2012 platinum had for 4 months and love it, right up to the point where the tail pipe fell off. Jk still love it, but I would like to put a full stainless exhaust on this spring. Questions I have are, long or short headers and stainless cats. I live in Connecticut and they are sticklers on emissions here. I am a welder so sticking the pipes together is easy. I requirements are full stainless and pass emissions. Cat back brand is negotiable. I've heard about the drone these things can have is considerable, so the less the better.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2021 Nissan Armada SL
176 Posts
Hello all,
New member here, with a 2012 platinum had for 4 months and love it, right up to the point where the tail pipe fell off. Jk still love it, but I would like to put a full stainless exhaust on this spring. Questions I have are, long or short headers and stainless cats. I live in Connecticut and they are sticklers on emissions here. I am a welder so sticking the pipes together is easy. I requirements are full stainless and pass emissions. Cat back brand is negotiable. I've heard about the drone these things can have is considerable, so the less the better.
Thanks in advance
I sound like a broken record but check out Cajun B Pipes online. They are a good domestic resource for exhaust research, performance, drone elimination, etc. A good starting place.

Reactions: primoV8

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
+1 for Cajunbpipes.com.
For the first gens, I'll always recommend the JBA catback. Stainless steel construction and designed with a true Y-pipe. When I installed it back in the day on my old 04, I had a Vibrant UQ resonator installed in-line, via the tail pipe to eliminate cabin drone.

@Johncr2012, long tube headers are best for optimal gains. Seeing you're a welder, I'm sure you'd be able to create your own catted B-pipes if you decide to go with long tube headers.
Regarding emissions up in CT, do they actually look for the cat-converter(s)? I'm in NYC and on my QX80, I've got JBA LT headers, Cajun HM catted b-pipes, Uprev, etc.. and haven't had any issues passing emissions. Even when I had my 04, it was setup similarly and it passed emissions every year. I don't ever recall any of the shops looking underneath during inspection.

Btw, since you're a welder, how far are you from NYC? I'm looking to get something done as I'm a stickler for certain things as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
+1 for Cajunbpipes.com.
For the first gens, I'll always recommend the JBA catback. Stainless steel construction and designed with a true Y-pipe. When I installed it back in the day on my old 04, I had a Vibrant UQ resonator installed in-line, via the tail pipe to eliminate cabin drone.

@Johncr2012, long tube headers are best for optimal gains. Seeing you're a welder, I'm sure you'd be able to create your own catted B-pipes if you decide to go with long tube headers.
Regarding emissions up in CT, do they actually look for the cat-converter(s)? I'm in NYC and on my QX80, I've got JBA LT headers, Cajun HM catted b-pipes, Uprev, etc.. and haven't had any issues passing emissions. Even when I had my 04, it was setup similarly and it passed emissions every year. I don't ever recall any of the shops looking underneath during inspection.

Btw, since you're a welder, how far are you from NYC? I'm looking to get something done as I'm a stickler for certain things as well.
3-4 hours I'm on the RI side of CT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts