Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replacing both forward wheel bearing hubs on my 2012 4 wd armada. Ordered off ebay, Timkin stamped on hub, found the connectors to be incompatable. Old connector has 2 round pins centered within the connector and new has flat pins that are offset. No word back from supplier. Has anyone else seen this. I looked on ebay at other hubs and they all look like the offset flat pins. I will try to post pics later of the diff. Going back on w/ old hub so I can drive. Any help appreciated.

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
My '07 has the flat pin connectors coming off the hub (Timken Part # SP500701).
I changed the hubs out less than a year ago.

(Edit) For your 2012, the Timken catalog shows the correct part # to be SP500705
Not sure how much you paid on Ebay, but you could have gotten them for $100 a pop at RockAuto.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tchjts1, I confirmed w/ Timken that there was a change to the connector in the 2012 model year and looking at pisc of 2012 and later they have the same connector I have. Yes I need the 500705. I paid $180 for both, hope I can return them and get the correct ones. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
So did they send you the incorrect part as to what you ordered?
What's the part number on the box?

Worst comes to worst, I imagine you could simply swap your old speed sensors onto the new hubs.
Just a screw or two and gently pry up with a flat blade.

On a side note, if you do get the correct hubs/sensors, hang on to your old speed sensors for awhile. There have been cases where the new sensors on the new hubs are wonky and you end up swapping them out if so.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not really, even from Timken the 500703 is for 2008-2012 and the 500705 is 2012-2016. I must have a later 2012 w/ the newer style connector. The ebay seller is going to send me a prepaid shipping label. They do not have a 705 but Rock Auto has the cheapest price. Good idea on saving the sensors till I confirm the new one works.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts