Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
ChuckD said:
Saw this while searcing the net for a backup camera and don't remember reading about it here.

Might be of interest? Don't flame me if it's a POS or a repost. :D

G-NET NAV Bypass

PS.. does a cheap day/night camera exist? I just need the camera itself!
Haven't seen this one before. It seems a little costly for only 2 inputs. I think there are similiar 2 input systems for about 1/2 the price.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to threadjack my own topic.. but llajumpvid, from memory do you think there is 3.2"s of front to back clearance in the door handle where you mounted your camera?

I am looking at the one below but it sure is a monster! The diameter is almost 1 3/8ths" but I think it will fit that way. Just not sure about the front to rear dimension... what are your thoughts?

Thks!

Camera on Ebay

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
Why do you need night vision?

ChuckD said:
PS.. does a cheap day/night camera exist? I just need the camera itself!
Why do you need a night vision camera. When you put it in reverse, the reverse light brightens everything to the rear. Unless you plan on having a constant on rearview option. Without night vision, cam would be significantly smaller. You can also order the OEM cam and housing.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
FL_Crushin said:
Why do you need a night vision camera. When you put it in reverse, the reverse light brightens everything to the rear. Unless you plan on having a constant on rearview option. Without night vision, cam would be significantly smaller. You can also order the OEM cam and housing.
I thought it might be nice for towing at night. I usually tow a car trailer and having the car shift on the trailer is a constant concern.. alough it never has... much.

I suppose light from a passing car or streetlight might be enough to see if things have shifted.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Its been a while since I had the tailgate apart and I wasn't thinking at the time to take pictures of the process.....but from what I remember there is a lot of room so it think it would fit depth wise. Measure the blank spot on the tailgate and subtract about 1/4 inch to see if you could cut a hole big enough for it. The 1/4 is my guess at the lip I remember being around the handle piece. My camera has the following specs and it works great at night. 1 lux minimum illumination, 130° wide angle CCD color camera, 1/3" CCD sensor, 330 lines or resolution. In town I can see as far back as you would ever need to, at least a couple hundred feet if not more. I'd say if you got a camera with a 1 lux rating (or less) your tail lights will provide enough to see a trailer behind you. You probably already know this in your search for a camera, but some people might not, lux is a measure of light sensitivity the lower the number the more sensitive the camera is.

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
1/2 the price nav bypass

llajumpvid,

llajumpvid said:
Haven't seen this one before. It seems a little costly for only 2 inputs. I think there are similiar 2 input systems for about 1/2 the price.
I'm looking for a plug-n-play nav bypass like this one and I was considering buying it, but if you know of a similar system for less... please send out a pointer. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.