Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i seem to be getting a vibration in my gas pedal, it was most noticable on the highway, but i had my tires balanced and rotated, but that did not help, ive figured that it might not be tire related because i have started noticing it at slower speeds, when just accelerating, anyone else have this happening to them, and has anyone got this fixed or would know what would be causing it

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
I get a vibration too, it's like a buzzing from the gas pedal. I can feel it at 1500 RPM @ 35 MPH at higher RPMs it's less noticeable. If I drop it into neutral the vibration stops.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
i'm having tha same issue, i was thinking it could be the shaft being bended?

·
Premium Member
195 Posts
Is the Armada not a drive by wire (i.e. no linkage, just a rheostat). The vibration may be feedback?

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Severe Virbation at 1500 rpms

Am also having the same issues with a new 2009 LE. Vibration occurs even when parked with air off and goes away as the rpms are increased or decreased. Guess it could be something causing a cylinder or spark plug, etc., to miss....???? Do not know but am heading to dealer. DID YOU EVER LEARN WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS?

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
I've brought mine in a couple times, once they replaced a worn CV joint but the second time they said they couldn't feel anything. I think I'll try a different dealership. I don't think it's engine or throttle related since it goes away in neutral. I'm leaning towards tranny issues.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
As noted in prior post, was taking vehicle to dealer because of vibration/shaking between 1,300 -1,600 rpms, while in park, with ac on or off. Dealer has now advised that they "think" it is either the Harmonic Balancer or Torque Converter. They said they will first replace the Balancer and if that does not fix it they will then replace the torque converter.

This vehicle has right around 2,000 miles and is right at 3 months since purchase. Any comments or suggestions!!!

Personally, think they are nuts, but am not an auto mechanic, so must demure to their thinking.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Obviously, repairs of this severity on a brand new vehicle leave more than a little concern and irritation (put mildly.)

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Vibration issue status

UPDATE - Nissan sent two engineers to dealership to meet and check out vibrations. Hired my own auto consultant to go along with me. Electronic Vibration Analyzer had reading of 15.8 for for my 2009 LE, two other (different models) had readings in the 14's. Dealer's 2010 Platinum an equivelent but newer model year had a reading of only 11 and it was hard to find any noticeable vibration. A full diagnosic evaluation of all engine systems and ignitions systems, etc., and nothing abnormal was found.

Engineers concluded by stating the vibrations were a normal operating characteristic of the 2009 Armada. Told them I though they had a design defect because vibration was not common in the Sequoia. Stand by that statement.

One of them also said the reduced vibrations in the 2010 could be because it was a 4x4 and weighed more. (doubt this would cause such a reduction!)

Not to bright on my part either, should have had hissy fit. Going from an EVA of 11 to 15.8 is more than a 50% increase in vibrations and that hardly seems "normal" by any stretch. Still doesn't sound right to me but they have no clue what is causing the issue. Seems to me there is some change in the 2010 that may have eliminated the vibration issue.. They said they checked to see if the motor mounts were changed from 09 to 2010 and they had not. Also said if they had they would replace the ones in my 2009 if the 2010 models had different ones.

Have not decided how to go forward. :mad::confused::p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts