Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yesterday I noticed on my dash that all five gears are listed with lights for each gear. So I look at the shifter, and slide it over and it shifts from D to 4th. Which is essentially overdrive off. You can also select 1st gear from the 2nd gear position as well.

I've had my truck a month and never knew this. I am the only shmuck who didn't catch on to this right away?

· Premium Member
98 Posts
This is one reason why we bought the Armada, we pull a trailer and this allows more control when going up and down steep hills. Being able to shift into first not just second/first makes a big difference.

Ken

· Premium Member
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ken_taylor said:
Being able to shift into first not just second/first makes a big difference.

Ken
Yea, I don't think I've ever seen the ability to shift into first before on an automatic. I'm sure others have done/do it, but I've just never seen it. Guess I need to get out more.
:duh:

· Premium Member
4,360 Posts
Have you been driving around in 4th? That'll kill your mileage. ;)

· Premium Member
359 Posts
wwjdwithca said:
No, it automatically shifts into Drive, you have to push it over to get 4th.
Yeah, but its easy to pull it back thinking you put it into D and pull it over to 4. I did this a few times the first week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.