Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ClubArmada,
Before I begin I'd like to just say that I'm a huge fan of the Armada and i think this forum in due time will get as large as the sister site ClubTitan. I already got some great feedback from other members of this site on questions I don't think anyone else but Armada owners would know.

Let me start off by saying that I'm a 5 time Nissan owner and have been dying for the Armada since it came out. With that being said, let me tell you about my Armada I just bought (As you can tell by my set up, it's gonna be a negative one):

I bought my car on Dec5( 2004 LE 2X4 (Production 1/04)), It had custom rims on it and no dvd. I had them install an aftermarket DVD and take off the custom rims for stock. I finally got delivery of it on Dec8 late afternoon to my work (it's about 30 miles from the dealership to my work). On my way home I noticed a visible shake in steering @ 60mph and anything greater in speed caused an uncontrollable steering shake (my arms got numb after a couple minutes). So now the vehicle is in service on Dec9. I get a call back on Dec10 saying all 4 tires are bad and they need to be replaced but they can't do it until Dec13. Fine. So it's Dec13 and I get a call from the service dept and they say because the tires arent covered under factory warranty, i would have to drive the car myself to Discount Tires and deal with them myself. What!?

40K+$ vehicle, barely got to drive it and now I have to drive 30 miles to the dealership, take the car to Discount Tires that 1/2 a mile away from the dealer, and drive back to work another 30 miles?! Unacceptable.

Complaint called made to Nissan Consumer Affairs...

I guess my question to the group would be:

1. Has anyone else had issues with Continental brand tires on the Armadas?
2. What advise would you give to someone in my situation? I'm not too familiar with the car industry as a whole.

Moderator, feel free to move this thread to another location if this isn't the correct location.

This was more of a venting session.. I feel better now..Free forum and free psychological session.. I love it!!

I love the Armada so don't take this as a bashing session. Hopefully this will get resolved and I can finally post some pix up!!

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Service

Sounds like a crappy dealer service dept. to me. I assume you bought the Armada new? If so, I don't know how they could possibly deny you new tires. It is up to them to deal with Nissan and/or the tire manufacturer on defective tires, not you.

Sounds like you've done the right thing by complaining to the Nissan line. Hopefully they'll help you out. If not, I'd try another dealer- maybe call the next closest one to you and discuss the issue beforehand? Or you could always get hold of the general manager or owner of the dealership and bitch. I've had really good luck with letters in the past to owners as well.

Let us know how it turns out for you.

·
Administrator
5,215 Posts
I haven't had any problems with the tires on my Armada (13K miles).
As far as the dealer replacing the tires - on a new vehicle I think they should take care of the problem, no question about it. However it does state in the owners manual that Nissan doesn't warrant the tires; you have to go to a tire dealer to take care of tire problems. It has been this way for years.

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
I have Continentals. I haven't had any problems, but I only have a little over 2K miles on them.

I think the dealer should replace the tires. It may not be their responsibilty, but it is a "new" customer to them. If they want the customer to be happy and keep coming back for service, they need to replace the tires...especially since the car was bought as "brand new".

This is just poor customer service!!

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
I can't back it up, but from what I've come to understand, the tires have a seperate per-mile warranty. It would only make sense that they would be under some sort of warranty, IMO. I have very noticeable tread loss on mine after 10 months... They look like my mom's 3-year-old tires on her 240SX, and she drives the sh*t out of her car.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice so far. So after a lot of hoopla including my wife having a shouting match with the dealerships GM (At least he says he was the top guy there - If you want some b*tching done - send your 9 month pregnant wife!!) She says he was really snobby and was of little help. To make a long story short.. I got the car brought back to my house with two out of the four tires replaced. The service dept said that there is a shortage of tires for the Armada for the whole state of AZ. I would have to wait for the tires to be shipped to the nearest Discount Tires store at which point I would have to take the car there. (Mind you I've now only had the car of less than 24 hours). Even the sales guy who dropped off the car says that there is an issue with the shimmy.

Tires are covered under a separate manufactures warranty which the Service Manager keeps telling me to "look in the manual" where it states that, I have to keep reminding him that a new 40K car should never have been delivered to me in the condition it was in.

Definitely going to write a nice letter, but I need to verify who the top guy is there. I purposely haven't given the name of the dealership in hopes of resolving this issue with defaming them. But if I keep getting the run around I will definitely post there name in every Nissan related site :)

Know of any public information site to where I can get the owner/CEO of a dealerships name?

You’re right on the poor customer service. The Nissan dealerships I used to buy from in SoCal was sooo much better!!

Thanks for the vent and the feedback! This forum is awesome!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
5 Participants
GCFiend
Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
Club Armada is the premier Nissan Armada forum! Here you can discuss and review your favorite SUV with fellow owners.
Full Forum Listing