Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just need to make a few last minute decisions..

Not to crazy about a sun roof, as all our cars we always ordered, and hardley ever use them.

Im guessing the high cost of the factory Tech Package is because of the addition of the sunroof?

Spoke with a shop today, and got a quote of $2500 for Pioneer's new touch screen navi, mp3, xm, cd, double din unit plus backup camera, dvd player, and all labor.

Does it seem worth it to go this direction or with Nissan's package?

TIA. :)

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
When I priced out the OEM nav option it was $2300 more than the package that included the sunroof..which I wanted. I think the double din aftermarket gets you more bang for the buck. Better maps plus move entertainment options. But the factory nav add other features that you won't get in an aftermarket HU. Like est mpg, average speed, service reminders, ability to set certain things like the auto headlight sensitivity or turn on/off features like the alarm arming horn, digital read out of tire pressure etc. some of this stuff can be done manually like the alarm but other require the dealer to set. My vote is OEM. You can add dvd and satellite. The 06 reverse camera is pretty cool and the maps are better with split screen than what I have in my 04. If money is the issue then aftermarket is the choice.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
Go oem with the warranty. Remember with a new head unit you will need all new speakers and amps with the bose system. The speakers are not compatible with aftermarket head units.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ockevin said:
Go oem with the warranty. Remember with a new head unit you will need all new speakers and amps with the bose system. The speakers are not compatible with aftermarket head units.
Thats all i needed to hear... Factory Tech Pack, here I come. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.