Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Update for those of you who care lol.
Went in to the shop yesterday for the second "brake" fix.
I fought all day with the manager. I got him to fanagul the policy a bit: He told me that they were now under specs and couldn't cut them again :D

and since he had a customer from a month ago that they ordered the new rotors for and he hasnt shown up for a month, they are giving me the rotors !!!

Sweeeeeeeeeeeetnes !

ps.. I'm only at 6000 miles and it's my second time in with brakes.. like clockwork, every 3000 miles brake judder... amazing.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Heat03 said:
Update for those of you who care lol.
Went in to the shop yesterday for the second "brake" fix.
I fought all day with the manager. I got him to fanagul the policy a bit: He told me that they were now under specs and couldn't cut them again :D

and since he had a customer from a month ago that they ordered the new rotors for and he hasnt shown up for a month, they are giving me the rotors !!!

Sweeeeeeeeeeeetnes !

ps.. I'm only at 6000 miles and it's my second time in with brakes.. like clockwork, every 3000 miles brake judder... amazing.
Heat - I live in Palm Beach. I just went to my local dealer (Maroone Nissan in Delray) to get the permanent brake fix. He said that he still has vehicles "on the list" to get the new brakes from May 15th. He said that they would cut them and then add me to the list. Who knows when I will get the permament fix. Which dealer are you using?

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Weston NIssan. But I if they were telling me the truth, there were still people on the list, I just kept complaining and complaining etc. Finally they told me there was one set on hold and the guy hasn't shown up for quite a while. If not for that, I would probably just be on the list waiting. I guess I got lucky.

My only advice, just bring it in at the first sign of judder and keep raising hell. Seems to be that the parts now are much more free flowing and you should have a new set soon :) Be sure to meet the service manager. Maybe you can convince him ($$ lol) that they can't be cut this time. That's the only way to get on the list in reality. IF they can cut them and put you off for another 3-4k miles, they will. If that still doesn't work, maybe try another dealer.

New brakes do feel a bit better... and so far no dust :)

hope this helps ya.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts