Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about installing the Gibson side swept on to my Armada. Will this affect my factory warranty? Also how long is the Gibson exhaust warrantied for? Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
5,214 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
Just like the meaning of Easter (which today is).................this thread is all about RESURRECTION!
;)

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Hey everyone...

Just had my Gibson installed last week. Got it from JB at Burtman Industries... and, it is AMAZING!

Love the fact that it's got a nice, low "grumble" to it when coming off of stop signs, stop lights, etc., but when I'm on the freeway at 70mph, you can barely tell it's there. No drone!!

Anyway, I love it and would recommend this system to anyone looking for a little grumble, but not too much drone! In my opinion, it's perfect.

~ Zire

·
Banned
1,215 Posts
Zire said:
Hey everyone...

Just had my Gibson installed last week. Got it from JB at Burtman Industries... and, it is AMAZING!

Love the fact that it's got a nice, low "grumble" to it when coming off of stop signs, stop lights, etc., but when I'm on the freeway at 70mph, you can barely tell it's there. No drone!!

Anyway, I love it and would recommend this system to anyone looking for a little grumble, but not too much drone! In my opinion, it's perfect.

~ Zire
Glad you like it. It's a great deal for the price!

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Zire said:
Hey everyone...

~ Zire
How about when your traveling around 40 to 55 mph? How's the sound compared to stock and/ or at 70 mph?
I'm asking because that's the most frequent traveling speed for me here in Maui, Hawaii

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
ezemaxima said:
How about when your traveling around 40 to 55 mph? How's the sound compared to stock and/ or at 70 mph?
I'm asking because that's the most frequent traveling speed for me here in Maui, Hawaii
Honestly, it's not bad at all. Obviously, it is a tad bit louder than stock, but nothing like I've heard on some of the big trucks around my area. My biggest concern when choosing an exhaust was the "drone" issue - and with the Gibson I am absolutely happy and content!

The "grumble" is most present around 40-55 mph. Again, it's not too loud - but just right! At 70 mph the sound pretty much disappears. I love it!

Hope that helps!

~ Zire

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Does anyone have the Borla system for the Armada... I had a cat back Borla for a 97 Altima and it was an amazingly smooth and full sound w/o that tin can ring. It was very classy as far as aftermarket exhaust systems go for imports. I was wondering if it is worth the price for the full Armada kit $800+ depending... what do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
5,214 Posts
kcbrake said:
How much did you guys pay for a local muffler shop to install the Gibson?
No need to pay anyone to install the Gibson. It is an all bolt on system, easy job.

·
Banned
1,215 Posts
Tiger6513 said:
Does anyone have the Borla system for the Armada... I had a cat back Borla for a 97 Altima and it was an amazingly smooth and full sound w/o that tin can ring. It was very classy as far as aftermarket exhaust systems go for imports. I was wondering if it is worth the price for the full Armada kit $800+ depending... what do you guys think?
I've sold quite a few of these, and they do sound great. The Gibson, for the money is a great deal, is the Borla better, yes. If money if no object, Borla. If you want the most for the money, Gibson.

http://www.burtmanindustries.com/zoomprod.php?id=arm_borla_exhaust

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
kcbrake said:
How much did you guys pay for a local muffler shop to install the Gibson?
$50... included:

- All joints welded (had heard a few rumors of Gibson 'leaks' at joints - wanted to prevent that from happening)

- Cat-back exhaust installed

~ Zire

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Zire said:
$50... included:

- All joints welded (had heard a few rumors of Gibson 'leaks' at joints - wanted to prevent that from happening)

- Cat-back exhaust installed

~ Zire
Hey Jason.... since you sell the Gibson.....do you recommend welding the exhaust or just using the bolt system? I am worried about welding the exhaust because I'm concerned about voiding the factory warrenty on the truck.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Thanks Jason. I will do some homework on borla... I want to see what kind of placement and tips would look good on the Armada. I did like the system on the Titan But the rear ends are so different.

·
Banned
1,215 Posts
Tiger6513 said:
Thanks Jason. I will do some homework on borla... I want to see what kind of placement and tips would look good on the Armada. I did like the system on the Titan But the rear ends are so different.
Send me an email. I have more pictures of the Borla on the Armada.

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
My gibson cat-back sounds good as well, however when cruising at low speeds it sounds like one of the heat shields underneath is rattling. Anyone else have this problem? It's only at the low rumble.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.