Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Soon to be an Armada owner. When was the "permanent" fix for the brake judder implemented at the factory? And did this really fixed the problem or only delayed the recurrence?
I'm curious as to why (if you own a 2004 or early 05) more people have not gone to aftermarket rotors and calipers (like armada0f1)...I understand warranty but 5 to 10 trips to the dealer and every 3k to 6k....what a hassle! Why not drop a few grand and fix the problem (and have a better braking vehicle)?
And if you did install some AM components, what did you buy?

Curious in Calif

Randy

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
When was the "permanent" fix for the brake judder implemented at the factory? And did this really fixed the problem or only delayed the recurrence?
I understand that a production date after MAY 05 has the "perminent fix. I purchased my Armada SE in May and had the brake upgrade handled at 700 miles although there was no issue with my truck. I am closing in on 10K miles and have had no issue with the brakes what so ever....

I think that the factory brakes are completely reliable at this point.

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
If you are getting a 06 MADA, then it should have the "good" brake package. From what I was told, the brake fix cut off is on May 05 but there are some MADAs built in May 05 did to have the new package.

The new brakes work great and last a lot longer. I don't see a lot of people complaining about it anymore. I currently have about 3000 miles on my new brake and the stopping power is good, no more jadder during braking and does not have as much brake dust as before.

Hope this helps.

Cheers !!!

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
I experienced my first brake judders at 5k and it was re surfaced and re-padded at that point. I felt another slight judder at 11k and called the dealer to get the new parts. The dealer said no problem and installed the new front rotor and pads and resurfaced the rear rotors and put new pads. Both of my Judders happened in mountain area coming down hill and I wouldnt feel the judder when I was on flat Highways. I just wanted to keep the old rotors until the end of warranty to get the new parts at that point but I go to Tahoe quite often for skiing so I decided to get the permanent fix.
I dont think getting the new brake fix is a probelm anymore as dealers have tons of these parts now in stock.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Randy, I think a lot of the brake repair issue goes back to the cost of the vehicle and warranty concerns. When you pay $40k+ for a vehicle, you expect it to work. And when most folks work with mechanical components, they are very concerned about voiding their warranty (which Nissan extended until three years/unlimited miles on the brakes).

I look at it from a slightly different perspective. Some owners are only too happy to yank out the factory stereo and dump a few grand of new gear inside without warranty concerns. I'm content with the interior bits and am much more comfortable spending the money on the running gear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.