Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined up and value the expertise found in this club. I've been a long time infinity owner with my i35, purchased new in 2002, but we have a baby due in March and needed something larger. The i35 had 254k on the clock when I sold it and I picked up an 06 QX56 with 118k miles to take its place. Electronically and cosmetically this puppy is in great shape, but mechanically it does need some work.
Thanks in advance for the assist with all my questions!
~Flip

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Just joined up and value the expertise found in this club. I've been a long time infinity owner with my i35, purchased new in 2002, but we have a baby due in March and needed something larger. The i35 had 254k on the clock when I sold it and I picked up an 06 QX56 with 118k miles to take its place. Electronically and cosmetically this puppy is in great shape, but mechanically it does need some work.
Thanks in advance for the assist with all my questions!
~Flip
Welcome to the board. What kind of mechanical issues are you looking at?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the board. What kind of mechanical issues are you looking at?
The ones I'm focused on today are the Transmission Speed Sensors. I believe there are two, and I thought I found the one for transmission, but the sensor I picked up from NAPA looks nothing like the one I pulled. Any Thoughts? These pic's are what I pulled and the link is what I purchased from NAPA

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,455 Posts
Did this come out of the bell housing on the passenger side? If so this is the crank sensor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You nailed it my friend! When I pulled it out I thought it looked identical to a Camshaft or Crankshaft positioning sensor, and indeed it is. I'm still getting a P0717 though for "Input Speed Sensor" which Infinity refers to it as a "Turbine Revolution Sensor" but I'm having trouble locating it location. All the sensors below, on top, or near the transmission do not match the sensor I picked up from NAPA. Which means they either gave me the incorrect sensor or it's very well hidden. Thoughts?

Quick update here: The sensor NAPA gave me is the Output Speed Sensor (Part #: ECH VSS11490) and is external quick fix. The part needed for code P0717 however, is the Input Speed Sensor and is not sold separately from the Transmission Control Module (TCM) which is connected to the RE5R05A Valve Body of the transmission. Which means the entire Valve Body needs to be replaced in order to fix the sensor issue. Cost for these = Roughly $500 DIY or $1500 at a shop. Here is a qick video of the job without dropping the transmission:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts