Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One final post - my Armada was my very first new vehicle. I purchased it with 6 miles on the odometer, and it was paid in full. We had every intention of keeping this vehicle 'forever' - we're a military family that makes frequent cross-country moves and lengthy road trips to visit friends & family, so we wanted a reliable (LOL) large SUV capable of hauling kids, dogs & all our stuff. After 2.5 years of : a) crappy dealerships not doing routine maintenance and/or charging us for work that was never done (and yes, maintenance techs - plural - busted on camera twice!); b) being stranded 3x, twice while 13 hours from our home state, due to a brake sensor issue - two dealerships said it was bad batteries before a third properly diagnosed the problem; c) a speaker 'popping' that the dealership still cannot fix (despite our push that it's a wiring & not an actual speaker issue since they've replaced it twice; and the final straw and piece de resistance d) the engine knock service bulletin that necessitated a short block replacement at 34k miles with zero powertrain warranty extension or any other consideration for replacement of the entire engine vs the short block - we are DONE. Purchased a 2018 Chevy Tahoe today - with the CPO extended warranty. I know Chevy has its share of issues, but this is the first time in two years I've got confidence my vehicle will actually work, and if not, there's a solid warranty behind it. Good luck to all of you - thanks for all the advice over the past few years! Happy New Year!

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
Can't say I blame you! Hope it goes well with your Tahoe!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Dealerships are not all of the same standard; that is 100% true!

I used to frequently drive a Tahoe to tow the boat. It was reliable back in the early 2000s. Happy trails, Silver1110!

·
Registered
38 Posts
That's why i don't buy vehicles new. Because they cost so much ,people expect a lot.

New vehicles since around 2011 have been getting LESS reliable. Because more and more gets added on them,they are getting very complex.

That's why i paid $300 for mine and i don't mind putting money in it. Matter of fact ,if a car isn't 15-20 years old i don't buy it.

I have a 2000 I30 , 2001 Maxima, 2005 Armada

But i do all my maintenance and work and it's way cheaper than a car payment.

I will probably go from ICE cars and trucks ,right into EV's used ,when they get cheaper used. And never look back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts