Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

New 2005 LE owner in Calgary, AB. Was looking at Pathfinder originally, but Nissan came out with a smok'n incentive to clear out the remaining 05's. Great rig, kids love the DVD, Bose sound system rocks and all in all a great ride.

Did some homework prior to committing and became somewhat leery about the brake issue etc....however after reviewing the forums here I was not as concerned. I am unsure on the production date of my LE, however the Dealer reassured me the brake issue with rotors was resolved would have been applied. Anything I should grill the Dealer Service Manager with when I bring in for the first service?

Thanks for the great info!

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
AB Boy said:
Anything I should grill the Dealer Service Manager with when I bring in for the first service?

Thanks for the great info!
Welcome,
Do you have a lot of brake dust on the front wheels? If so then you have the old brakes. If not you have the new ones. My '05 has a clicking sound in the moonroof just above the passenger seat. I can't seem to find the source. And I know the dealer won't be able to find it either. Just replace the moonroof with another that has the same problem most likely. Other than the ticking roof everything is great.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
FL_Crushin said:
Welcome,
Do you have a lot of brake dust on the front wheels? If so then you have the old brakes. If not you have the new ones. My '05 has a clicking sound in the moonroof just above the passenger seat. I can't seem to find the source. And I know the dealer won't be able to find it either. Just replace the moonroof with another that has the same problem most likely. Other than the ticking roof everything is great.
My dealer, and several others I've talked to, all indicated to me that trucks built after 5/05 were manufactured with the new brakes. Mine was built in July of 05, you can check your manufacturing date on the sticker inside the driver's door. As for the brake dust...The first couple hundred miles for me did in fact generate a lot of dust on the front wheels, but after a good wash around 450 MI, I have not had a dust problem at all.

Enjoy your new ride!

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Another one in Calgary?

AB - what colour is it?

I just got a 2006 Pewter here in Cowtown - I'll need to watch for you on the road.

I saw a white one with the HID lights in it a couple weeks ago - other than that - pretty lonely......

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not many seen in Cowtown?

Kottbullar said:
AB - what colour is it?

I just got a 2006 Pewter here in Cowtown - I'll need to watch for you on the road.

I saw a white one with the HID lights in it a couple weeks ago - other than that - pretty lonely......
Yeah, I can't recall seening too many Armada's around! I have the Smoke w/grey interior. Probably won't do too many mods, maybe get a ski carrier and will look into a front Bra/Mask for the winter, try and protect the front end from the gravel/sand. Don't see much for Titan/Armada in the way of Nissan Accessories!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.