Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 06 Armada SE and now when I am i idle or at a light I can feel a grinding under the floorboard on the drivers side. It will happen fro like 10 seconds than go away. Has anyone experienced this by chance? I don't belive it's the trans and more thinking it is something with the catalytic converter

·
Super Moderator
5,025 Posts
if you have access to a scan tool (autozone can help if you dont) , thats a quick way to find out if there are any errors being logged in the ECM...

·
Premium Member
3,228 Posts
Are you moving when you feel this grinding, or does it happen while you are stopped? I'm wondering if it is the exhaust heat shield vibrating and rattling, although I wouldn't call that a grinding sound, more like a high pitched rattling.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you moving when you feel this grinding, or does it happen while you are stopped? I'm wondering if it is the exhaust heat shield vibrating and rattling, although I wouldn't call that a grinding sound, more like a high pitched rattling.
It is only when I am at idle.

if you have access to a scan tool (autozone can help if you dont) , thats a quick way to find out if there are any errors being logged in the ECM...
Yeah get the Convertor codes so might have to bite the bullet

probably the ABS pulsing. try shifting it into neutral and see if the grinding stops. might have an ABS speed sensor going out or misfiring detecting movement.
I'll try that next time thanks

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Just a random guess, is it it all possible that you are feeling the air compressor kicking in for the rear suspension? I know when mine comes on, I can feel it in my feet a bit.

·
Super Moderator
5,025 Posts
Whilst ive never felt the air compressor come on on any armada or Qx ive owned, I can see it vibrating the chassis if its loosely mounted, so maybe that's an option, but normally one should not feel the compressor kick on. i dont even feel vibration from the engine most times when idling..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts