Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is killing me. Please look at the picture. I can't find where this rotten ground strap is supposed to be attached to.
Can anyone please look under the passenger side of your QX56 or ARMADA 2004 to 2010 and snap a picture, kindly!
PROPPER GROUNDING is one of the most impo
Screenshot_20201213-153414_Gallery.jpg
rtant things!

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
That grounding strap is supposed to bolted onto the end of the b-pipe exhaust flange. You can always DIY a ground strap or pick up an inexpensive negative battery cable.

Reactions: marctronixx

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That grounding strap is supposed to bolted onto the end of the b-pipe exhaust flange. You can always DIY a ground strap or pick up an inexpensive negative battery cable.
Hey Primo, thank you very much. I do have that manual but I couldn't find it before because. I still think that for instance PG 53. shows exaclty the area where the ground is attached but for the inside. so I just thought. If it is in the frame for the inside why would the strap I am showing would be link from the outside. I am still confuse there. Deffinitley gnd B5, B7 is what I need as my backup camera stop wrking and my compressor module. and I know is the ground the problem.

So do you know if that strap goes from the outside to the inside?
Thank you, again.

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
That ground strap doesn't go from inside to outside or vice versa but I could see why you might have thought that. The diagram for B5 and B7 looks like they're coming into the cabin on pg.37 but that is a harness/harness loom where they exit from.

Back when I had my 04 LE and had the JBA catback installed, the tech forgot to put the strap back on. I bought a negative cable strap, which was also a thicker gauge and bolted it back on myself. From what I remember, a fellow TT forum member said that strap is there for static discharge from the exhaust system.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, thank you very much for your time. Yes, I already have the strap. Just couldn't see anywhere the other piece of the strap. OK. thank you. I will look to see if I still have that flange.
Thank you Primo!

·
Premium Member
1,369 Posts
All you have to do is loosen the nut on that b-pipe exhaust flange, attach the strap and bolt the nut back on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
All you have to do is loosen the nut on that b-pipe exhaust flange, attach the strap and bolt the nut back on.
Since they are so rusty, I am just going to clean there and add another nut. Only for static, makes sense, but as I mention the more and better grounded point, the better the electronic performance.
Cheers.

see attached ground strap section in the 2004 infiniti service manual.
Marco. thank you very much. I thought Primo put this up. I am sorry and thanks again. to both!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I noticed that mine had also deteriorated when I was doing fluid service. I fabricated a replacement but haven't gotten around to installing it yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts