Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 platinum. Any way to get one of these to handle any better? It feels like you’re driving a log down the river. So far I’ve replaced Front and rear shocks and springs deleted rear air leveling , front sway bar bushings from Nissan and mevotech sway bar links and all 4 wheel bearings not much better, still get bump steer? Anyone have luck with lowering one of these?

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
How are the bushings on the front lower control arms?
My bump steer was eliminated when I replaced them. The other thing that helped a lot was getting a 4 wheel alignment...make sure they check the rear alignment, that's a biggie on these.

I have a Belltech front sway bar with poly sway bar bushings front and rear, it really helped in the handling department.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
I had the same problem on the stock setup. I put on some Toyo Open Country AT2s, and a 4 wheel alignment. Then, I put in some Bilstein 4600s on the front and made all the difference in the world. Doesn't handle like it's on rails, but way better than the stock setup.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bushings are ok the front end is tight. 6 months ago I had 4 Bridgestone dueler h/l’s and a alignment. 4 months ago I replaced the front springs and the struts with Billstein 4600’s, removed the rear load leveling system with SV springs and 4600’s. I guess it is what it is. I’m also coming From a Mercedes E500 4Matic that handled like a dream.

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
If its still getting bump steer then something isn't right.
Granted, it will never be an E500 but bump steer means something still needs sorted.

How many miles?

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well after the winter broke I was able to check out the suspension, since the last time I checked it now need rf lower ball joint, I'm thinking I should replace the whole arm it comes with lower ball joint and control arm bushings with a (mevotech) arm. The front sway bar bushings are loose at the frame again I just replaced the bushings with Nissan ones over the spring/summer. I believe the sway bar itself is worn where the bushings sit.. I found a stillen front sway bar online, is there any other good sway bar bushings available or stick with Nissan? For the rear suspension is there any up grades besides shocks and springs? Thanks in advance for any input!
2013 Platinum with 130k

1 - 6 of 6 Posts