Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:crutches: I recently leased a new 05 Armada Se with DVD palyer, tow and Bose package. So far the vehicle has performed flawlessly in almost 2500 miles. I do not have any of the problems that a few others have. No rattles etc. It has been raining here a lot in Miami Florida and let me tell you that the Armada is a great swimmer. Mine is 2wd since in Miami there are not many places you could go off road. However, I have been forced to cross huge puddles of water and mud with no problems or hesitation. The other day I was the only one who could make it out of my building where I work because the streets were heavily flooded, even police cruisers had to put their vehicles in reverse to avoid getting stuck.

I have done a few improvements like satellite radio XM not the factory one, mud flaps (front) from Infinity QX56. Fog lamps (nissan) Bug shield(nissan) Weathertech in channel window deflectors which by the way are awesome. I had the front two windows tinted, Tow hooks in case I get stuck in one of those puddles. I changed the painted grille assi for the chrome. (I like bling.) Pillar post in chrome. Muffler tail pipe. I can not get into rims because I am leasing and hope to get another vehicle when my lease is over.

I had a close call when another driver took a stop sign. I pressed the brakes so hard to avoid a collision, the truck stopped and I was able to keep control in the wet pavement. No slip or sliding. Yesterday a driver in a black Armada flashed his headlights when he saw me driving my armada, I was reading in one of the posts here that someone was proposing to do that everytime someone saw another Armada. I am sure that driver is a member of this club from Miami. This site has helped me tremendously to know stuff about my vehicle I thank you all.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Copernic, welcome to the club.
That must have been Weezr flashing you. Weezr have you been down to Florida??

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
:hi: Welcome to the CLUB! HA, HA.......no it wasn't me..... BUT YES, I proposed that we signal HELLO to fellow ARMADA drivers by "FLASHING"
UH, did they FLASH their lights or BOOBIES (hope it was a woman)! ;)

oh and I'm from NY

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Hey, how come Weezr only flashes the new members. I feel so left out... :pullout:
Syko

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
OH, sorry SYKO......(.) (.) LOL! ;)

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Wow!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Flashing

No it was a guy with a beard who did the flashing it was a nice gesture. Specially here in Miami most people have the Miami Vice tough guy mentality. I have noticed that the Armada is a head turner. Wherever you go people stare at the truck no matter what they drive from a Hummer to a Benz to a bike.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Copernic said:
No it was a guy with a beard who did the flashing it was a nice gesture. Specially here in Miami most people have the Miami Vice tough guy mentality. I have noticed that the Armada is a head turner. Wherever you go people stare at the truck no matter what they drive from a Hummer to a Benz to a bike.
Weezr17 has a beard? :damn: I feel so dirty (Spitting in sink and washing things)

Seriouosly, welcome on board. Maybe you can get some rims cheap off ebay and flip them when you sell. Who knows, you may even get something they fit on next vehicle. The other stuff, except maybe the XM, would stay with the truck anyway. :clever:

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
End of Lease

I knew I had to leave all that stuff behind including the XM which is attached to the place where the navigation screen goes. However, my lease is for 4 years and 4 years is a long time. The technology is going to be much more advanced. Maybe the Armadas will look totally different from now with XM as a standard feature or Sirius. As far as rims I think I will survive with the factory ones for now.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Sweet. I'm in Miami too !!
I will flash (lights) you if I see you :)
I have only 1500 miles and so far same as you...
BTW this is the first day it hasn't rained in a month !

Enjoy and welcome.

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
HEYYYYY.....I don't have a beard! :191: (crying in the bathroom and shaving my beard) LOL! ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts