Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of switching as the name implies. I currently own an 02 Ford Excursion 7.3L Diesel. Love the engine. Hate Ford's lack of quality control in their electrical systems - been stuck by the side of the SEVEN times since I got the vehicle in 02! Am looking at an 05 LE Armada, so, I ask, as I peruse the forums, are you guys happy and satisfied with Nissan before I drop $45k and downsize? Thanks for the feedback!

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
I am very pleased with mine. 18k miles with no problems. I have added the Gibson SS side swept exhaust system, a Volant CAI and the TB spacer. The Armada is a excellent tailer puller (I have the Big Tow package). Many people have had front rotor warp problems, I haven't. Nissan has a fix out.
The Armada won't have the torque of your big diesel, but you will be pleased with the performance.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
There is nothing out on the road that I would trade my MADA for.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Not a huge downsize.

In response to downsizing, the biggest thing you will be missing is the space behind the third row seat. I too looked at the Excursion diesels, the 6.0 liter though, not the 7.3. Interior space for passengers will be about the same. The thing I hated about the Excursion was that the third row seat had no heardrests at all and only lapbelts in the middle of each rear seat. For 50+k, I thought that was poor design. As far as power and torque goes, you won't be that far off with the Armada, torque is 385, at a higher rpm than the 7.3PSD, then again, the excursion weighs two thousand pounds more also. Think of it as quality not Quantity. Good luck. Also keep in mind the 1500 rebat on the Armada's. I just purchased mine for a great deal, I won't go into specifics, because I don't want to upset anyone. If you want to PM me, I will be happy to discuss it.

Regards,

Bryan

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
Love It!!!!

My husband and I just purchased an '05 "Mada back in March. We love it for it's unique look, safety, roominess and great features....ALL THIS for a great price. I feel SO safe driving with my son. Haven't had any problems with breaks......I'm hoping they took care of that in the '05 models.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Wow, 7 times stranded? I've certainly complained about my brakes, but my Armada has never left me stranded. The other day I hooked on to my cargo trailer for the first time in a while, and I remembered why I love this vehicle so much. It tows like a dream! The transmission is as smooth as silk, and that power.

Despite the minor issues in the early models, I agree with Azarmada- there's nothing out there that can touch the Armada.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
No Downsize

The only place where you can even consider a downsize is the little amount of extra room behind the 3rd seat an Excursion has. Other than that, like everyone else has said, there is nothing that comes close to an Armada. I looked at everything from Escalade ESV (too pricey for what you get) to a Dodge Durango (not a real large SUV) and everything in between. For the money, there isnt a better large SUV out.

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Love mine. Wouldn't trade it for any other brands, even if I got cash in my pocket with the trade. And the Armada is cheaper than most of the competition. Great truck.

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
I love my Armada!! I would trade my dealer though!!! I've had the brake rotor problem, but other than that, the truck is very nice to drive.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks!

Thanks for the input. I know it is insane that I waited this long to get rid of a vehicle that stranded me so many times but it was great when it ran. I am leaning towards the Tit. Silv. and will let you all know. Again, many thanks.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
I love my Armada just the same. I purchased mine in March and wouldn't buy anything else. We originally looked at an escalade and the less expensive wesion (yukon denali) and thought we wanted it. We test drove it and also a Hummer H2. On our way out the Auto Mall, we saw the Armada. WE stopped test drove it and my wife loved it. I did to. We waited a whole year since I try not to buy first or second production runs, that way they get some of the bugs out and we couldn't figure out which color to buy. I wanted the galaxy but my wife wanted silver. So when we finally figured it out and waited to see if there were new color choices, we opted for the 2005 LE 4x4 in smoke. This thing is EXCELLENT! It also haulls a...! You're right, it doesn't have as much room in back as the Excursion, but I think you'll be happy with this vehicle. I would pay more for this truck that the 41,600 we paid for it. It cam complete with navigation and DVD. Every option we can get except for the satellite dish. I couldn't wait any longer. If you want to pay less for the vehicle, like invoice price, try using one of the online services. That's how we got our for below invoice. At the time, Nissan had some incentives to check that out also. Our original bid was 43,100 but with the incentives, it became 41,600. Out the door price was around 46,600. That's here in the California bay area. We did have to drive 55 miles to get it, but the savings was worth it. My truck was built in Feb 2005 but may still have brake problems down the road. Who knows, at least Nissan has a fix. I have owned 2 Dodge trucks and they both have the same problems. Dodge has never offered a fix for them. I just keep turning the rotors and changing pads ans ball joints. Nissan has addressed the issue and will eventually fix it. I'm confident with this vehicle. I don't think you can go wrong with the exception of the cargo space. It's worth it! Good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts