Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have 06 Mada with about 700 miles (had 14 when I took delivery). Since the day I bought it seems getting into reverse takes some effort.
I am not saying it is a problem just that it takes more effort than other cars I have had. Once you get past reverse it is no problem.
The car shifts smooths as silk when driving. Again, I can live with this. Just wondering if others noted this.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
I have not seen this in my Armada. Take yours back to the dealer and have them check it out.

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
palerider said:
Have 06 Mada with about 700 miles (had 14 when I took delivery). Since the day I bought it seems getting into reverse takes some effort.
I am not saying it is a problem just that it takes more effort than other cars I have had. Once you get past reverse it is no problem.
The car shifts smooths as silk when driving. Again, I can live with this. Just wondering if others noted this.
Thanks
Are you shifting into reverse while parked with the nose uphill like on a sloped driveway? All Armadas have this as well as many cars work this way. The weight of the Armada presses on the trans and makes shifting into reverse difficult.
The solution:
Park with parking brake on. This takes the weight of the SUV off the trans and puts it on the brake. ;)

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
92TripleBlack]Are you shifting into reverse while parked with the nose uphill like on a sloped driveway?

i mentioned this long ago, saying that when i did the test drive the trany felt like it was falling apart when i put it in reverse. did the same when i was at home ( dealer let me take home to try it out :D ) my driveway is a bit uphill, when i left the armada there running soi could show it to everyone to see it. when i came back and tried to put reverse again did a horrible sound and it was then when i had some concern... but like triple says use your parkbrake that will be like a handbrake on cars when parking up-downhills. :)

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
inf3rno said:
92TripleBlack]Are you shifting into reverse while parked with the nose uphill like on a sloped driveway?

i mentioned this long ago, saying that when i did the test drive the trany felt like it was falling apart when i put it in reverse. did the same when i was at home ( dealer let me take home to try it out :D ) my driveway is a bit uphill, when i left the armada there running soi could show it to everyone to see it. when i came back and tried to put reverse again did a horrible sound and it was then when i had some concern... but like triple says use your parkbrake that will be like a handbrake on cars when parking up-downhills. :)
Yes, nose uphill. ;)

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Try putting the parking brake on before putting the transmission into park. It stops the truck rolling backwards or forwards and locking the transmission. I also put my Armada into gear before releasing the parking brake (foot on normal brake of course :) )

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Tmation said:
Try putting the parking brake on before putting the transmission into park. It stops the truck rolling backwards or forwards and locking the transmission. I also put my Armada into gear before releasing the parking brake (foot on normal brake of course :) )
I agree with Tmation. This is the best practice for shifting in and out of gear, in any automatic. When you let the car roll while in park it puts a lot of stress on the transmission. I have been trying to teach my wife this for years. :) Parking brake on, then remove foot from brake pedal, then shift into park. Reverse proccess for shifting out of park.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Run2 - if you have any luck getting your wife to listen to anything you say regarding driving, please share your technique with the rest of us. I made one mention of my wife riding in the clutch about 7 years ago and have yet to get up the courage to make any other suggestions.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
RUN2 said:
I agree with Tmation. This is the best practice for shifting in and out of gear, in any automatic. When you let the car roll while in park it puts a lot of stress on the transmission. I have been trying to teach my wife this for years. :) Parking brake on, then remove foot from brake pedal, then shift into park. Reverse proccess for shifting out of park.
I absolutely agree. My driveway is fairly steep and this technique works great. BTW, my wife is now using this technique after one day she had a hard time putting the gear into reverse.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.