Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really a problem but wondering if it’s normal or just the weight of the hatch.

should the hatch open on it’s own the rest of the way if it’s at the mid point? It supports fine but I find myself pushing it open most of the time even I feel like at full open it’s still a little too low but ok for my wife.

·
Premium Member
925 Posts
Those gas struts do get quite weak over time. I replaced mine last summer on my '07 and they made a big difference. Same with the engine hood struts. Not expensive and they are simple to change. I put the Monroe brand on mine.

I still need to replace the back glass struts.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did my hood struts about 5 weeks ago only one was bad but yeah it was easy to change out.. now my back glass thats fine but the bolt that screws to the glass broke off after I opened it the first time since fixing the latch issue and both left and right broke.

I might replace the hatch strut next month when the weather is a little warmer.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Mine were always crap, so I ordered a set off of Amazon, but they didn't work a lot better than the old ones, and come winter were even worse. I guess that if you do replace them, make sure to get good ones because that back door is heavy!

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
My dealer was as cheap or cheaper than aftermarket for the hatch struts on our 2011. There are 2 different part numbers for the 11 with lift motor. I'm thinking the pair was 35-40 bucks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts