Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - does anyone have a good how-to guide for headlight aiming on the 2013 with Halogen headlights? I'm not sure i'm understanding the "aiming controls" on this headlight fixture.

Back story. I've always thought the passenger low beam in the wife's 2013 was aimed up and to the right. I ignored it for years (and under warranty), and recently swapped out the halogens with LED's. The Armada was in for inspection, so I asked for the techs to perform a headlight aiming. I was paying for them to do it, not like I was asking for warranty work. As soon as they saw they were 3rd party bulbs, they wouldn't touch it. I guess that means they can't check the tire pressure since the tires aren't OEM... <eye roll>

Anyway, any tips are appreciated.

//Brew

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Quick headlight adjustment - you need a 25' tape measure and a 10mm nut driver or phillips or whatever adjusts your headlight. Headlight adjusts up and down by turning the only adjustment screw / hex head one way or the other.

Park 25' from a wall that allows you to see the headlight on it. Easier to do in the dark.
Measure the distance from the ground to the center of one of your headlights. Middle of the bulb.
Measure that same height on the wall you parked 25' from.
You want you drivers headlight 1-2" below that height line.
You want the passenger side headlight right at that line.

Cover one or the other headlight if you have a hard time see which is which. It can be a little tricky to see if the cutoff line is fuzzy. It doesn't have to be precise, you just don't want them way up or way down.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the guide! What is goofing me up is the image below... I have this "funnel" looking assembly where I can see almost like a white gear inside of it... then the white "nut" behind it that can also very easily turn. I assume they are both the same? The nut is really hard to reach and I can only turn it like 1/8 of a turn at a time and I couldn't see any light beam movement on my garage wall as I twisted it.

Maybe I just didn't crank it enough?

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
I need to readjust mine after installing LED bulbs, but previously when I had regular halogen bulbs in I had to turn the screw quite a bit to get the beam to move up or down.

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is a video that may help.
That was perfect! Thank you! I did exactly what he demo'd... but maybe I need to use a different sized screw driver and crank it a bit more. I didn't want to screw around too much until I understood both the bolt and the screw hole did the same thing.

Thanks again!!

//Brew

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
I have an 06 and the stock headlights on that have a screw head sticking up where you have the hole. I also got non-oem after market headlights from ebay and they don't have any screw head or hole pointing up - they just have the plastic nut on the back.

I used a ratcheting wrench to get back there and crank the plastic nut one way or the other. That may work for you.

In the video it looks like he is using a #2 phillips screwdriver but he says that it is small so he has to put it in the hole at an angle. Since I don't own this style headlight I can't say for sure how it works.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts