Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the bracket for the dvd vibration tsb is installed in the 2005 armada's without the dvd? Hope that makes sense. I ask because I don't have the dvd installed on my 2004 but still have quite a bit of vibration over rough roads. Trying to get the dealership to bite the bullet and make it happen. They keep tightening thigs up which helps some, but eventually loosens up again. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
So do you have an 04 or 05?

It's easy to find out only 4 bolts (10mm socket, two in each bin). Just start pulling from the rear of the overhead to release the clips.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Same problem with my overhead console. Worst part is a squeak just aft of the heater and stereo controls.

I've stuffed a lot of foam up there to add some tension and it helps a bit. Sometime in the not so distant future I'll look for something more permanent like getting the DVD bracket or making my own.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have an 04 and they did the first tsb where they used the adhesive to attach the cross members to the roof which helped some, but there is still quite a bit of vibration on rough roads. I still can't believe that Nissan is refusing to install the bracket in non oem dvd armadas. They obviously know there's a problem or there wouldn't be 2 tsb's for the same thing. Thats why I was asking if the 05's without the dvd have the bracket installed. If they do that could give us some leverage with the dealerships. Anyone with an 2005 check this out yet?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts