Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any place/site where i can buy alerady built-in t.v. headrest monitors for the Armada? i need one driver/passenger headrest and two for the second row captain chair headrest...and i'm pretty sure some ppl already have tv's in their headrests so was it hard to install, or did u just go to a shop? and i need the ones which i can just swap out the original headrest with the already built-in one...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
105 Posts
hullio said:
is there any place/site where i can buy alerady built-in t.v. headrest monitors for the Armada? i need one driver/passenger headrest and two for the second row captain chair headrest...and i'm pretty sure some ppl already have tv's in their headrests so was it hard to install, or did u just go to a shop? and i need the ones which i can just swap out the original headrest with the already built-in one...
Yea I can get them, but they aren't cheap, about 1600 per set. a set is twn headrests and wiring.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
121 Posts
hullio said:
is there any place/site where i can buy alerady built-in t.v. headrest monitors for the Armada? i need one driver/passenger headrest and two for the second row captain chair headrest...and i'm pretty sure some ppl already have tv's in their headrests so was it hard to install, or did u just go to a shop? and i need the ones which i can just swap out the original headrest with the already built-in one...
Here's what your looking for bro . http://www.autobarn.net/vis7kitwitdv.html
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
also, i have a silver fully loaded with every package '04 Armada, and i wanna know what colour my interior is..is it Steel or graphite??? :confused:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
53 Posts
Vegeta said:
Just bought a 2005 Armada and didn't include the DVD setup because I didn't like the headunit sitting upright in the center consol where it could collect dirt easily, take up needed storage space, and make it difficult for the kids to access.

I checked out the headrest monitors you referenced and they seem pretty cool. How hard are they to hook up to the Armada? Where else could I put the head unit and is that difficult to integrate?

Anyone know if the head rests match the Armada graphic cloth interiors?

Thanks..
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17 Posts
I hope this is not a dumb question, but, are there some instructions that show how to install them because I want to try and do it myself. I want to put PS2 in the back for the kids because you can also play DVDs on it. That way they don't have to be tied in to the factory system and they don't have to be forced to do the same things on road trips. Any info will be appreciated.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ARMADAbfly said:
I hope this is not a dumb question, but, are there some instructions that show how to install them because I want to try and do it myself. I want to put PS2 in the back for the kids because you can also play DVDs on it. That way they don't have to be tied in to the factory system and they don't have to be forced to do the same things on road trips. Any info will be appreciated.
I put a PS2 in the Armada...it's easy...just get a power adapater, which plugs right into the cigarette lighter, and becomes a plug. Plug the PS2 in, connect the yellow, red, and white cables into the DVD system (in the arm-rest). With your DVD remote control, there should be an AUX button (I think, can't remember) or a MODE button.. :confused: ...anyways press that and the PS2 game will be showing on the screen :D...hope it helps ;) ...and, once again, does any1 know what colour my interior is? it's a Silver fully loaded Armada..i unno if my interior is Steel or graphite..thanks
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17 Posts
ok but i want to install the headrest monitors in the back separate from the factory system. what will I connect those cords coming out of the headrest monitors to?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
121 Posts
Montag said:
Just bought a 2005 Armada and didn't include the DVD setup because I didn't like the headunit sitting upright in the center consol where it could collect dirt easily, take up needed storage space, and make it difficult for the kids to access.

I checked out the headrest monitors you referenced and they seem pretty cool. How hard are they to hook up to the Armada? Where else could I put the head unit and is that difficult to integrate?

Anyone know if the head rests match the Armada graphic cloth interiors?

Thanks..
They make 9" ones with built in dvd players in the headrest.Thats the ones I'm thinking of getting.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,582 Posts
ARMADAbfly said:
ok but i want to install the headrest monitors in the back separate from the factory system. what will I connect those cords coming out of the headrest monitors to?
You could connect it straight to another DVD player for those headrest only or game system to those headrest only.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
654 Posts
Hulio,

Can you post pics of your interior and the ps2 ?

I have silver and it has the steel interior.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ockevin said:
Hulio,

Can you post pics of your interior and the ps2 ?

I have silver and it has the steel interior.
sure...but my PS2 isn't like fully embeded into the Armada, I have seen somewhere where you can buy a shell/case for the PS2 and install it in your car so the PS2 won't roll around in your vehicle. I don't want that because I usually take it out of the Armada and put it back in when driving for a long time (vacation). I'll try to post some pics though. I just put my PS2 underneath the driver's seat :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,363 Posts
hullio said:
sure...but my PS2 isn't like fully embeded into the Armada, I have seen somewhere where you can buy a shell/case for the PS2 and install it in your car so the PS2 won't roll around in your vehicle. I don't want that because I usually take it out of the Armada and put it back in when driving for a long time (vacation). I'll try to post some pics though. I just put my PS2 underneath the driver's seat :D
That's where mine is. Doesn't move and stays put. Isn't kicked either by adult passengers back there either. Allows me to take it in and out of the mada easily. ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
92TripleBlack said:
That's where mine is. Doesn't move and stays put. Isn't kicked either by adult passengers back there either. Allows me to take it in and out of the mada easily. ;)
excatly ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1 Posts
Headrest Monitors w/Cloth Interior

Has anyone had problems with installing 7" headrest monitors in cloth interiors. The dealer is telling me that because of the seams on the headrest, if they install the monitors, the headrest covering will slip off. Is this true??? :confused:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
53 Posts
Darn!

Autobarn didn't show a kit for my 2005 Armada so I went to the vizualogic site to check for myself. They had an update that said they have kits for my 2005 and in graphite too. Unfortunately I have cloth and not leather. I didn't see any Armada headrests available. Too bad, it look like just what I needed....

Vegeta said:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
53 Posts
Vegeta,

Who are the "they" you are referring to? Do they offer cloth?

Thanks..

Vegeta said:
They make 9" ones with built in dvd players in the headrest.Thats the ones I'm thinking of getting.
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top