Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I was hoping that maybe someone can help
Me. I have a sv with no heated mirrors. I wanted to add heated mirrors cause they constantly fog up and it’s starting to get frustrating. I did research and discovered the plug is the same in all trim levels. The actuator and fold motor is the same part number on both sv and sl. The only difference is the mirror covers are different colors, the sl adds a camera for around view and the actually glass. My thoughts are if i buy the glass for the sl will it give me heat.

The sl glass is like $300 opposed to the sv which is barely 50
Thank you

The sl glass is like $300 opposed to the sv which is barely 50
It’s a 2019 armada sv 4x4

·
Super Moderator
5,623 Posts
do you have mirrors that fold , are are they manually fold in?

im not familiar with all the armada trim levels on the second gen (first gen trim lever are easy to figure out) but if you have the auto fold its possible the wiring exists to add heated mirrors.

you'd have to remove the door trim and inspect the harness ends to see if they have the added pins for the heated mirrors.

if not, you will have to run additional wires and install a switch to activate.

if you are handy mechanically speaking, you can grab the factory service manual offline (free - just search online) and read the schematic to see if this can be done.

im not sure if you just "buy the glass" that you will automatically get heated mirrors. if that is the case, nissan should have just included the heated glass as standard.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)
do you have mirrors that fold , are are they manually fold in?

im not familiar with all the armada trim levels on the second gen (first gen trim lever are easy to figure out) but if you have the auto fold its possible the wiring exists to add heated mirrors.

you'd have to remove the door trim and inspect the harness ends to see if they have the added pins for the heated mirrors.

if not, you will have to run additional wires and install a switch to activate.

if you are handy mechanically speaking, you can grab the factory service manual offline (free - just search online) and read the schematic to see if this can be done.

im not sure if you just "buy the glass" that you will automatically get heated mirrors. if that is the case, nissan should have just included the heated glass as standard.
The plugs are the same and the actuator that the mirror clips in is the same . There is a major price difference in mirror glasses.
mine do power fold in. The only thing I can think of is that there might be extra wires

You're only about $150-$200 off of some really good tire options, mounted/balanced.

You'll have $50-$100 into mounting and balancing those $400 tires.

I don't know where you're getting that $1100 number from. Someone on here just did 4 tires mounted and balanced for under $600.

stay away from bridgestones
Also not a bridgestone fan. Or goodyear for that matter.

Too many bad experiences with a commercial fleet that I managed for 5 years. Michelin and Cooper I always had really good luck with, and after the first 2-3 years I never ran anything but those 2 brands.

·
Banned
2 Posts
I wanted to add heated mirrors cause they constantly fog up and it’s starting to get frustrating.
Rain-X Anti-fog is specified for interior use but I have had some success with it on exterior glass. You might find regular application of that product less frustrating than trying to retrofit mirrors.

·
Banned
2 Posts
I bought a heated glass but didn’t work.
I’m going to try anti fog film
Good luck, I actually heard that stuff doesn't work but I have no direct experience. I imagine most of the frustration is applying it cleanly so it isn't distracting. Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’m trying to do something, it sucks every morning both mirror glass are fog up and you have to wait about 45 min to unfog

1 - 8 of 8 Posts