Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm taking delivery of my new Armada today...woohoo!!!! I'm getting an '06 SE Off-Road in granite with sand leather. It has the sunroof pkg, dvd player, microfilter, mats, splash guards, and cargo net. I'm also getting the XM radio and towing mirrors installed. I currently drive a '03 Tahoe Z71. When I test drove the Armada I couldn't believe how much better the vehicle handled. I can't wait to get the boat hooked up to it to give the towing capabilities a test.

Later...
M

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Tows like a dream! You'll LOVE the auto-load leveling system. I too had a 2000 Tahoe and there's no comparison.

Welcome, and please post some pics of that beautiful new color as well as the interior if you get a chance. I think they've changed the sand color slightly for '06 to better match the grey.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
Mb5pts said:
I'm taking delivery of my new Armada today...woohoo!!!! I'm getting an '06 SE Off-Road in granite with sand leather. It has the sunroof pkg, dvd player, microfilter, mats, splash guards, and cargo net. I'm also getting the XM radio and towing mirrors installed. I currently drive a '03 Tahoe Z71. When I test drove the Armada I couldn't believe how much better the vehicle handled. I can't wait to get the boat hooked up to it to give the towing capabilities a test.

Later...
M
welcome to the Beast site :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
Mb5pts said:

Later...
M
Welcome. Get new tires and you will really see the difference in handling. The stock tires are very sloppy. ;)

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I preferred the looks of the SE Off-Road to the LE. Plus I like the smaller wheel with the larger profile tire with more aggressive tread. The LE does have some nice features (heated seats, memory seats, etc).

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
Mb5pts said:
I preferred the looks of the SE Off-Road to the LE. Plus I like the smaller wheel with the larger profile tire with more aggressive tread. The LE does have some nice features (heated seats, memory seats, etc).
Easy to fix that!

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Mb5pts said:

Later...
M
Welcome to the club. This thing is great for towing. Granted by boat is only a 19' IO, but I love going up grades like the Vantage hill , Snoqualmie Pass (both on I-90, Wa), or the Coquihalla hiway (BC) loaded up with kids, dogs and camping gear and towing the boat at 70-75 mph because I can! :D

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Glad to hear all the positive comments. Most of my towing involves a 23' Sea Ray (boat loaded with all the toys & trailer weigh around 6,000 lbs). The Tahoe had a difficult maintain higway speeds so I'm really anxious to give the baby a try.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
One thing I noticed is how easily I can tow my cargo trailer (around 6k lbs.) at 70mph. I'm in southeast Texas where the terrain is flat, so that helps. But I don't have any tranny hunting going on at all- I typically just tow in "D" and can easily do 70-75 with no trouble. The Armada is definitely a killer tow vehicle. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.