Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
SHIFT_Moderator
13,201 Posts
Although I'm just a lowly E-6...I don't have any bills for the most part and I'm pretty responsible with my $$. So, I kinda feel like splurging and keeping whatever I buy for the next 10-15 years.
:eek:fftopic:

Lowly E6...come on man, you're giving us Techs a bad name!!! LOL!!!
... and us retired TSgts!:eek:fftopic:

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Cop...and I used to like you!!! LOL!!!

J/K. Well, I came in three years after you got out. I'm a slow burner...hopefully Master is in the books for me this year, gotta pick up my test date Friday and re-engage the books...took a couple months off before I got burnt out!

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
oh man, if you want an M3 then do that! i cant think of a better car to own while in germany! although, with the weather, an all-wheel-drive 335i might be a better choice (ok, not better, but more practical; i know, practical sucks). good luck with whatever you buy!

·
SHIFT_Moderator
12,993 Posts
If I were stationed in Germany, I would try buy a very nice German car that's hard to get in the US and take advantage of the military transport coming back home. I'd want one that would make the service shops back home say "Whoa, haven't actually seen one of these before. :eek:" I'd just make sure it's up to US emissions before bringing it home. That's a once in a lifetime opportunity, I wouldn't be messing around with a Nissan while in Europe. Just my $.02. :D

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I'm still heavily debating all of this....I change my mind every 5 seconds or so ;)

My latest thought/plan is to buy a 2010 Xterra (Off Road) and pay it off w/i 2yrs and then order an 2012/2013 M3 once I do that. I love the Xterra ALMOST as much as the Armada. Would love to get the Armada as I previously have said, but it's nearly double (well, 40%) more than the X.

And if I did fulfill one of my dreams and ordered a M3...by that time I would be headed back to the states I would really have a nice car for my final 3-4 years in the Air Force (I'm definitely bolting at 20! --- If I even make that!) and beyond. Perhaps then I can pick up a lightly-used Armada.

That being said, I still love the Mada...and OFF ROAD X's are somewhat hard to come by...so?

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
If I were stationed in Germany, I would try buy a very nice German car that's hard to get in the US and take advantage of the military transport coming back home. I'd want one that would make the service shops back home say "Whoa, haven't actually seen one of these before. :eek:" I'd just make sure it's up to US emissions before bringing it home. That's a once in a lifetime opportunity, I wouldn't be messing around with a Nissan while in Europe. Just my $.02. :D
Try one of these

http://www.alpina-automobiles.com/fileadmin/user_upload/website/PDFs/Tests_Drive/uk/AutoCar_0408_B3Cabrio.pdf

http://www.alpina-automobiles.com/fileadmin/user_upload/website/PDFs/pricelists/german/BMW-ALPINA-Pricelist-2009.pdf

little cheaper than an M3. Very rare in the US. Made in Germany. More luxury, just as fast, plus a higher top speed especially for das auto-bahn :cool:

You can always get a armada when you return.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
I agree with purchasing something European since you'll be in their domestic market. You could probably find a good deal on something not commonly found here like an 850Cis 6 speed or something... your problem is going to be finding a LHD vehicle.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Well guys....I've changed my damn mind yet again....

I'm now leaning towards ordering a 2011 BMW M3 because it is such a good deal ordering them via the Military Sales program in Germany. I've been crunching numbers the past couple days and although it will be a bit tight on my budget, I'm pretty sure I can handle it.

I'm very close to putting down an initial deposit...but still deciding on a color and a handful of options.

Pray for me!

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
I lived in Germany for 35 years. Moved to Fla in 2003. Believe me the salt will eat away that new car before you get it back to the U.S. My advice, get a neat used vehicle in Germany, then, allowing for the min. time requirement to get free transportation back to the U.S. get your dream car.

They have a ton of snow there right now and the body shops are making a killing.

Xterra's and Pathfinder's can be bought with diesel engines in Germany. I don't know if the PX has diesel, but if you have to buy it on the economy it's usually slightly cheaper than gas plus your milage is better.

·
Registered
1 Posts
One thing I can tell you... ship an Armada to Germany if you can. BMW sucks. Trust me. I'm from Europe and moved to US the last couple of years. Armada is a beast on the road and I love it. Will beat any tiny BMW on it's path... Remove the speed limiter and ship it. It is nice to have the car you love wherever you will be.

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Missed answering this thread timely, by >< that much......(10 years) :LOL:

21 - 35 of 35 Posts