Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks, consider this my intro... My name is ELDA, I just bought a 2005 Deep Brawn Nissan Armada fully loaded out the door for 42500.. Talked them down from 48K.... DVD and Tech Package.

Anyway.. I am getting ready to purchase some rims.. Which way should I go.. 20 or 22's.. I currently have 4 22's that wont fit because of the the bolt length that's specific to Nissan. The rims were on my other truck before I traded it for my 2005 300C, in which I traded for my 2005 Armada..

Anyway.. are there any "RUBBING and TURNING" Issues on some 22's sitting on Pirelli 305/45/22 tires?

Please Help!!! :eek:

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
I don't know what will work on your Armada. Some others here have done this. It's only been two hours. Most people here work, and won't be here until later. I think if you use the search feature you will find the info you are looking for.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
I have 22's on my Mada with 305/45/22's and you will not have any rubbing problems with this size tire.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Nope you will have no trouble with those wheels and tires. I am about to put 305/50/20's on my Titan.
M4ck

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
I have the 305/50/20's on my 05 SE with no rubbing. Seems to be a significantly rougher ride over the stock tires and wheels. On smooth roads its not to noticable. But, for my daily commute into Mexico the rougher ride is very noticable.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
If you go with 20", I believe the correct tire size is 275/60-20 in order to retain the stock tire diameter. The bigger you go on the wheels, you will degradate ride quality. May turn corners better though.

If you go with 22's, 305/45-22 is correct size.

Also, the bigger the wheel, the more unsprung weight you are adding to each corner of the Armada. Unsprung weight is very noticeable when you hit potholes, bumps, and when accelerating. Also, may take a hit on gas efficiency and lose a couple MPG's. That's why track cars are always getting the lightest wheels they can find.

But with all this said, 22's and 24's just look so damn good. Back to the form over function deal....

Maybe 20's are the perfect balance between retaining some rubber between the street and the rim, not too much added weight, and still can get some nice chromed out wheels.

What ever you do, take some pictures and post it here so we can all see.

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
I am not big on chrome. I am getting 20inch Boss 301's in the Superfinish not chrome. here is a picture of them.
I will be debadging my Titan soon then it will be all silver and black. Here is a picture of my Titan with the PRG leveling Kit. Cant wait to get my bigger wheels and tires on. As you can see I don't like chrome. I really like black accents on my silver Titan.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks Guys for all the replies... Yes I know people work, as do I.. I just so happen to go in at 5:30 am and leave at 2pm... gotta love those hours huh.. :boxing:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts