Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to properly stick on the V8 badges that the 2005 Armada have on the front doors. I have a 2004 that I want to add the V8's too.

I assume you just peel off the backing and hope you stick them in the right place the first time or you're screwed....

Is there a "real" way to do it? I noticed the backing has a few holes in it. Is this to line up to something?

Could someone that has the V8's measure the dimensions of where the badge goes?

Any help would be great.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With my skills, I'll probably end up having a 8V on my door instead.
Good point though. I should bring some tracing paper and pencil the whole thing to get it perfect.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kman311 said:
Here are the dimensions for the driver side door. I did not measure the passenger side but it should be the same.
Thank you so much! I've printed the picture and will use it.
It saves me a trip to the dealer. They probably wouldn't be too happy with me messing with a new Armada with a pencil and paper in hand.

I love white armada's too. I got the Galaxy and its the first and last black car I get. It looks great right after I wash it for about 2 hours, then every piece of dust starts to appear.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kman311 said:
Here are the dimensions for the driver side door. I did not measure the passenger side but it should be the same.
Hey KMAN311,
Well I finally stuck the V8 badge on exactly to your measurements.
I think I got them in the right place. Maybe off by +/- 1mm but close enough.

Here's a pic.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
did you get your badges from a dealership and at what cost? i am seriously considering what i have to do to have the "exploded" ARMADA badging on the liftgate like "the beast" i hate to bite what others do but this mod looks fantastic!

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HERO4HIRE2K5 said:
HEY Andy
What type of rims do you have? Are they the Infinity qx56s?
Yep, they were take offs from a 2005 QX56
I got all 4 wheels and tires that were brand new for less than buying just 4 tires alone.
I'd like to go to 24's eventually.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
I feel you. I've got a brand new set sitting in my garage waiting to be put on my 2006 when I get it. I got mine off ebay. brand new take offs. Tires and Rims. 750.00. Can't beat the price. I always loved the way those rims looked on the QX56. If i ever need a new set of tires. I'll just got look on Ebay first. I went by the tire store , asked for the same size michelan's it was 920.00. so it's like getting the rims for free.
peace
HERO4HIRE2K5

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
1mm off?

Boy you're picky. Just kidding. Have you seen some of the Titans out there? Looks like they were playing pin-the-tail on the donkey when putting the badges on at the factory.

I added the Titan V8 Endurance badges to the fenders of my 2004. I think the most important step is to place the truck on an absolutely lever surface. Then measure up from the floor to where you want to mount the badges. Strike a level line a few feet long and scribe it with tape or maybe a chaulk line. Then measure to or from a door edge where you want to align the badges and strike a perpendicular line. Lick and stick your badges. You should probably clean the area with alcohol but the 3M tape is so sticky it probably isn't necessary.

Screw up they should peel off easily for a few minutes. If you want more control, wet the tape with alcohol. It will allow you to slide them around for a few seconds. Want 'em off later. Use twenty pound fishing line and garrot them off. Some say dental floss works but I kept breaking it shaving the "Pathfinder" off my lift gate. Any tape residue will rub off with your finger.

I bought my Titan badges from Coutesy in Texas.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts