Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Nissan Amada SE without the Tow Package.

I purchased the Nissan Tow Hitch kit and installed it just fine.
1. The tow hitch itself...OK
2. The plug to the tow hitch under the bumper...OK
3. One big brown relay...OK
4. One small blue relay...OK
5. I purchased a 7pin to 4 pin converter from Nissan...OK

Issues
====
Left signal works but not the right signal
Running light will not work
Left break light work

I notice that their is another relay socket ...so I purchased another Nissan blue relay and plug it in.

Now both signal lights work
Brake light work

Running lights still refuse to work...Help??

I just bought the car last week...up till then I used to tow the trailer with no problem with my F150 and all the lights function just fine.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
ground

One of the hardest thing to accomplish with a trailer wiring connection is the ground. The ground between the trailer and the tow vehicle depends alot on the physical connection between the two. You are using new parts and all that new paint may be interfering with the ground connection.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fixed the problem. I got the solution from the Titan forum, here is a link for future reference for someone.

http://www.clubtitan.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3570

The solution is the last item on Page 1

had the same problem. I tow my boat with a Jeep Grand Cherrokee (5.9). I pluged in the titan and blew the fuses. After changing them I noticed on the plug cover is the wire code that Nissan uses. It is not standard wiring. I made an adapter so I can tow anything with the large light plug and not worry about fuses. I did not want to cut/splice the factory harness. Cost 18.00 for the female 7 pin @ wal-mart and 8.00 for the male plug. I had trailer lighting wire left over from changing to LED lights for the boat (0.00) 10 minutes is all it took and no problems with lights for anyhing I tow. This is what I used. Hope someone can use this info.

http://www.marksrv.com/wiring.htm

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Great resource..... THanks.. I had a failure on the road once and a trailer shop screwed up the wiring and the Armada kept blowing fuses. After 2 hours of dealer shop time ( almost $200), I still had to go back to the dumass at the trailer place and get it fixed again. 5 hours of doing nothing on a transport day to the track...PITA!

·
SHIFT_Moderator
13,189 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,214 Posts
The Nissan trailer socket is wired correctly for the RV standard. There are two standard socket wiring layouts. One is for commerical trailers, the other is the RV layout. Nissan probably used the RV standard because that is what the majority of owners will be using.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.