Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if any of you have downloaded the service manual or pulled down the overhead console for the 05'. If so I'm curious on if they changed the overhead console support to the one listed in this tsb

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
I notice you have an aftermarket monitor... Have you experienced the rattle issue? If so, did your dealership perform this TSB, even though you didn't purchase their DVD system? I'm debating over roof-mounted or headrest LCDs, and I don't want any vibration issues... Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OffRoadinArmada said:
I notice you have an aftermarket monitor... Have you experienced the rattle issue? If so, did your dealership perform this TSB, even though you didn't purchase their DVD system? I'm debating over roof-mounted or headrest LCDs, and I don't want any vibration issues... Thanks!
Yes I have a lot of bounce in the monitor, no my dealership won't do the TSB...they are pretty much inept....That's why I'm wondering if the 05' comes standard and perhaps the part is easier to obtain, and cheaper than the almost $400 that GregV quoted me right after it came out. I really like how clean the monitor is mounted and it doesn't bother my 3yr old watching it but I have a sunroof shade rattle (before the monitor was added) that the dealership has worked on numerous times and nothing has changed. I'm confident that if the headliner was more stable the shade wouldn't make half as much noise as it does. Someone on freshalloy said their dealership quoted $200 for labor and $100 for the bracket.... :confused: The TSB says 0.3hrs so the labor seems high. I'd pay if forced to $100-150 for the bracket installed but I think I have other issues with OEM rattles that it would fix and should be covered under warranty and the reduced monitor shake would just be frosting :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
LOL. I think we all have shakes... Fortunately, I drive alone, so I can keep my music up :) But honestly, $400 for a big piece of metal? I bought my PDA for that much, and it came with an abundance of features. Nissan needs to take a look at their pricing... personally, I know I would buy more OEM accessories if the prices weren't so astronomical.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
'05 4x4 knob

Checked out the '05 madas today. Noticed the following on the 4x4 knob control.

'05 SE: 2wd, auto, 4hi, 4low.

'05 LE: 2wd(supposedly also auto), 4hi, 4low.

I am not sure why the difference for the same model year.

Any '05 4x4 owner please confirm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
bleasdell
Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums
Club Armada is the premier Nissan Armada forum! Here you can discuss and review your favorite SUV with fellow owners.
Full Forum Listing