Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I just bought an 05 Armada and I love it! I need help though, I don't know anything about cars and I want to hook it up can I get some input, I also need to learn how to work this site its my first time doing this, thanks hope to hear from the crew :hi:

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
welcome

looks like you are doing great so far! congratulations on your new Armada! and welcome to clubarmada.com!!

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Hey!!! Welcome Ms Cruz. As you can see, this forum is divided up into sections to help you out with your Armada. If you have any sort of problems, go to the Problems section. Personally, the "Nissan Armada Mods" is the most fun section ;) Exterior mods can help you out with anything to do on the outside of ur Armada. Same goes with Interior and Performace Mods. Also, you should check out other people's Armada, in the Media Posts Pictures/Movies, you can get some pretty good ideas. Once again, welcome to ClubArmada and we are here to help :D

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Hello Ms Cruz! Welcome to the Club - it's so nice to see another girl here and one that doesn't know much (like me) is even better! I don't know much about cars either, the Mods section has given me LOTS of ideas though!

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
Ms Cruz said:
Hi everyone, I just bought an 05 Armada and I love it! I need help though, I don't know anything about cars and I want to hook it up can I get some input, I also need to learn how to work this site its my first time doing this, thanks hope to hear from the crew :hi:
Hello, Hello, and welcome to the club, Don't feel bad, I myself still learning how to navigate at this site.
again welcome and goodluck :ugogirl:

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Ms Cruz said:
Welcome! What are you looking to do? Hook it up can mean different things to different people. What are your priorities?
Faster? Better Handling? Looks? Stereo?
Faster, we have exhaust so far. Really the only good option right now but Supercharging is just becoming available.
Better Handling? Tires will fix this. The stock tires are junk. A good set of tires, even on stock rims, will make a world of difference. Bigger rims will give you better handling but ride will start to suffer as well as acceleration. Bigger you go, more they suffer.
Looks? Common mods include window tint, grill inserts, bull bars, wood dash kits, debadging, light upgrades, bug shields, etc.
Stereo is sky's the limit.
We also are starting to get lift and lowering kits out. Again, preference. Read a few posts and you'll find mine. ;)
Hope this gives you some ideas and good luck with the ride. :ugogirl:

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
at the risk of sounding really dingy....what is a bull bar???

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
greengoddess said:
at the risk of sounding really dingy....what is a bull bar???
Ask and you shall receive.
http://www.qualitybumper.com/brush_grille_guards/westin_bull_bar/Default.asp#model_selection
Basically, its a push bar for the front that I guess reminded people of pushing with your head like a bull. This one is purely cosmetic and is only functional in the fact that it will allow you lights but takes away tow hooks. There are other manufacturers who haven't developed ones for us yet that make complete solid steel bumpers that protect and can allow you to mount a winch. Hope this helps and don't forget to put a chrome ball in your tail hitch. ;)

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Okay - I'm with you now! I've heard it called a brush bar before! Now I feel really dingy because I've always liked them and don't know what the heck they are called! I swear I'm not really a dingbat, I just play one on this forum... Anyway, my husband has a solid steel one on the front of his Avalanche, it looks like he could pull a tractor trailer out of quicksand with that thing!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
That's the ticket. There are bush guards, bull bars, and bull bar bumpers. I'm waiting for the third, which is what your old man has. BTW, tell him it looks really nice! ;)

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
It must be a guy thing! That and performance parts to make the truck sound better and go faster.....I'm more of the "all show and no go" mentality ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts