Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys sorry I forgot to post this sooner. We are having a Group Buy on the Volant CAI over at ClubTitan.org You guys are welcome to join in on this. You will wind up needing to register there to send in your info but thats no biggie. Here is the thread http://www.clubtitan.org/postt1282.html
Hope you guys get in on this good deal. We already have like 16 people in on it.
M4ck

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its the Volant Cold Air Intake. Gives you a horse power and torque increase. These little guys are great. It replaces your stock air filter box. Allows your vehicle to breath more freely thus giving you a better fuel to air mixture and greater power. Also improves MPG. On my Titan I got almost a 2mpg increase after this mod. http://www.clubtitan.org/forums.html visit the Titan forums and you will see a lot of people talking about the Volant in the Performance mods section.
enjoy
M4ck

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
yes, i couldn't agree more!

my aramda was the one used by Volant for R&D. the fit and overall look is great. my recent trip to Volant, they added the air scoop. that directed more cold air into the CAI and thus making it run more efficiently!

here are some pics......

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Thanks, you can tell I am not a mechanic. So how does this work with something like a K & N Filter? Do you reccommend this as well?

And last, if I buy a Volant, is it something that I would install myself, or would I have to take it to Nissan Service?

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I installed mine and it only takes about 45 minutes. Its fairly easy. This is the same thing that a K&N CAI is but I prefer the Volant. It is a closed system and does not breath in hot air from the engine. It breathes through the fender well pulling cold air from outside the vehicle in. It replaces the stock air filter and filter box as well as the intake tube.
M4ck

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
I take it these are NOT good for offroading as you are far more likely to suck in water with it if you have mud coming over the hood.

-mike

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You should have no problem offroading with one. Even the more open K&N is notorious among offroaders.
M4ck

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Mileage Gains...

Has anyone found that they recieve any significant mileage increases with these mods. I know you won't see 5-8 mpg gains but are you seeing any gains (2-3) with intake and exhaust mods. Just wondering if they are worth the cost to me as I think I would be more than happy with the stock motor for now. :D

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With exhaust and intake I see around 1.5 to 2.5 mpg better. Depends how much I get into the gas though. I like to burn um off. LOL
m4ck

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
For those with the cold air tube, how low to the ground does this extend? If the open end of the tube is submerged in water, can it suck up water to the engine? I'm a little worried about this.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
TooTall said:
For those with the cold air tube, how low to the ground does this extend? If the open end of the tube is submerged in water, can it suck up water to the engine? I'm a little worried about this.
i'm going to assume you're talking about the air ram scoop.

the opening will bolt down to the toe hook opening. FYI....if you have a toe hook, i've been told that it will need to come off.

i too was afraid of the possible sucking in of water. but i had my air ram scoop installed right before we got 2 wks straight worth of rain out here in SoCal. i checked it everynight after a night of driving through heavy rain.....the enclosure was wet, more like moist......but there wasn't an over abundance amount of water. now you had a question about being submerged in water. seeing that the opeing will sit in the toe hook opening, i don't ever think my Armada will ever get submerged up to the bumper. now if you're planning to do some off roading into a creek, then that's a different story!

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Question? Is the air actually sucked in or is it forced in (ram air)? if its ram air submerging it wouldn't pull water into the box but it would cut off the air flow while it was under water I suspect...

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
llajumpvid said:
Question? Is the air actually sucked in or is it forced in (ram air)? if its ram air submerging it wouldn't pull water into the box but it would cut off the air flow while it was under water I suspect...
it's a ram air. it's been raining out here in SoCal and after getting home from a night out......the inside of the enclosure is wet, but not where near buckets of water.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts