Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys 2019 here and i just bought myself a 2006 nissan armada se4wd with low miles. 66k one owner. Anyways, i wanna try this baby out before going up a gen or not.
Probably do some upgrades i found on YouTube, yes this gal is a d.i.y.
1.)best android touchscreen dash stereo(wifi nav touch bluetooth etc.. And osb comp)and backup camera. I have been looking around online but your inputs are more than welcomed.
2.) Have to fixed that overhead dvd player minor fix.
I plan to vinyl wrap the interior trim radio area for a start. I post pic before and after when i get to it.

So how am i gonna save gas on this beast?

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Great find on a low mileage 'Mada.

For the radio I recommend the Pioneer AVH-NEX line, I've had a couple and they are great.
As for the mpg......not much you can do.
Change all the fluids, full tune up, air filter, clean maf, tires all up too pressure.
With all that I get a hair over 19mpg with normal driving, I've really babied it and got 21mpg but its no fun driving like that, lol!

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
With all that I get a hair over 19mpg with normal driving, I've really babied it and got 21mpg but its no fun driving like that, lol!
I'm guessing with that you don't have the tow package with the different gearing? I usually get about 12-13mpg on the highway, but I'm also usually doing about 90mph (I set the cruise control to 9 over the speed limit, and most of the road has an 80mph limit). I'm hoping it is just due to me having the 3.36 rear diff vs the 2.97 that I'm thinking you have and not signs of some other issue on my vehicle (except for my lead foot, but that's not a problem with the Armada).

·
Super Moderator
5,165 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Since you are looking for mod info, ive moved your post here.

Feel free to search out the audio/video section for input or to ask specific questions so this thread doesn’t get jammed up with different conversations. If you have any problems, post up a thread in that sub forum.

Nothing you can do to save any substantial cost on petrol the car is 6K pounds, and a V8 5.6L. You not gonna get 44 MPG. Like its said above, you can drive very slow off the line and avoid hills, and coast when you can but all of that work is not going to save you much. Just enjoy the power and torque this car gives you and plan to spend money on petrol. Ive a 12 qx and I drive it like its a rental. I dont watch my MPG but its at 13.5.

Not really a “best” radio. No matter what radio you get ,. ,just make sure it can interface into your scars wiring to keep the settings and sensors stock and working properly. There’s some kits on amazon but read the reviews on them.

As for #2, post up your question in the “problems” section to get more help.

At the end of the day you are going to love the car. It’s just that darn good.

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
I'm guessing with that you don't have the tow package with the different gearing? I usually get about 12-13mpg on the highway, but I'm also usually doing about 90mph (I set the cruise control to 9 over the speed limit, and most of the road has an 80mph limit). I'm hoping it is just due to me having the 3.36 rear diff vs the 2.97 that I'm thinking you have and not signs of some other issue on my vehicle (except for my lead foot, but that's not a problem with the Armada).
No, I don't have the tow package on mine. Our speed limit is 70 on the freeway and I'm usually around 71-72.
If I take up to 80 it really starts to drop!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Are these MPG figures from the computer? If so, it's lying :) It is optimistic by at least 1MPG. My MPH is right on the money and matches radar figures exactly. Around town/mix I get actual13.5 mpg, on the highway it is 17mpg (70+). Trip computer always comes up 1 mpg more and sometimes more. Yes, I've seen it tell me I'm getting 19mpg probably to make me feel good, but it never ever matches what I calculate!

Yes, I have the tow package.

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
No, I never go by any cars computer. Its all on paper.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts