Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, recently bought an '06 Armada in granite. Never had a vehicle like this before...can't believe any one would buy a Navigator or a Yukon when these are out there. The only thing missing is the rims...came with some plain rims that don't match the chrome everywhere else on the rig. Anyone have any suggestions on what rims to put on it? I was thinking of putting 22's. Will that affect how it handles in the snow?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
22's seem to be a great size as far as looks go. They fill out everything nicely. That said, if you tow or are concerned about ride you might think about 20's with some 305/50's as a nice compromise. Either way, glad to see you here and enjoy your Armada!

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
big rims in the snow

granite06 said:
Hello, recently bought an '06 Armada in granite. Never had a vehicle like this before...can't believe any one would buy a Navigator or a Yukon when these are out there. The only thing missing is the rims...came with some plain rims that don't match the chrome everywhere else on the rig. Anyone have any suggestions on what rims to put on it? I was thinking of putting 22's. Will that affect how it handles in the snow?

Thanks!
Don't know about 22's in the snow. Going bigger and wider will decrease handling in the snow. Plus chrome and salt don't mix very well, they will corrode easily. Get some 22's for the spring-fall and keep the stock wheels for the snow. Would recommend new tires though since the stock Conti's aren't worth anything.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
granite06 said:

Thanks!
If you are going to be dealing with something like snow I might be inclined to say keep the stock rims. You can do a core exchange with several people on Ebay and get chrome wheels for about 5-600 dollars. If you are not worried about the snow then I think 22's would look real nice. There's a few guys on this forum with them so check'm out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.