Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my HID conversion kit in today, Ill probably install it tomorrow or the next day, Its looks like a pretty easy install... If anyone has this same kit let me know how the install went and what you think of the kit...
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
236 Posts
Armada_24s said:
I just got my HID conversion kit in today, Ill probably install it tomorrow or the next day, Its looks like a pretty easy install... If anyone has this same kit let me know how the install went and what you think of the kit...
Who did you buy them from?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used to have the SS's in there and these are alot wider brighter and crisper, deffinetlly money not wasted. I took some pictures, the best I could. Its hard getting pictures of lights.
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
157 Posts
i was wondering what size bulbs do i use, i saw some say 9006 and some say 9007 for low beam they said that the 04's use 9006 and the 05's and up use 9007, i have an 05
thanks :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
aznwrr said:
Vision bulbs? I should have gave you my discount code for 10% off...
Damn it that sucks, thanks though. I spent 269 shipped on them... I forget to get on this forum and ask around if anyone has hook ups since it seems like everyone here knows someone... Thanks again...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
armagdn said:
i was wondering what size bulbs do i use, i saw some say 9006 and some say 9007 for low beam they said that the 04's use 9006 and the 05's and up use 9007, i have an 05
thanks :D
i dont know about the 05's but I would assume they would be 9006 also. I used 9006's on mine.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
253 Posts
The low beams are 9006, I offered some for a great price no takers, they are on ebay and doing quite well with 2 days to go. The high beams are 9005's, curious if you have found some to match up with your HID low beams that are the same color. I bought some PIAA Extreme Whites they still looked very yellow compared to the HID lights, so they are now on ebay as well. :noworries Anyway I want a uniform look for highs and lows, I am still debating the fog lights, which btw I took out and mine are GE 893's on socket and 899 on the bulb itself, no wonder everybody is confused. But what I have read is those 2 are interchangeable, but they are not with the 891 that is listed in my manual in one spot, but then listed as an 899 in another. Any recommendations on the fog light coloring would be appreciated.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,362 Posts
crash4444 said:
The low beams are 9006, I offered some for a great price no takers, they are on ebay and doing quite well with 2 days to go. The high beams are 9005's, curious if you have found some to match up with your HID low beams that are the same color. I bought some PIAA Extreme Whites they still looked very yellow compared to the HID lights, so they are now on ebay as well. :noworries Anyway I want a uniform look for highs and lows, I am still debating the fog lights, which btw I took out and mine are GE 893's on socket and 899 on the bulb itself, no wonder everybody is confused. But what I have read is those 2 are interchangeable, but they are not with the 891 that is listed in my manual in one spot, but then listed as an 899 in another. Any recommendations on the fog light coloring would be appreciated.
I'm using silverstars. Again, the bulb looks yellow, but the light is pretty close to my 6000k HIDs. I care more about the light than the look. Funtion first. ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
73 Posts
Armada_24s said:
I used to have the SS's in there and these are alot wider brighter and crisper, deffinetlly money not wasted. I took some pictures, the best I could. Its hard getting pictures of lights.
Wow looks really bright. :goodjob:
On the box I read 4500k and from the pictures I see a tint of blue on your light so you got yourself looks and function. :rrg:
I see too much glare is that blinding to oncoming drivers or is it from the angle of the picture when it was taken?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
66 Posts
crash4444 said:
The low beams are 9006, I offered some for a great price no takers, they are on ebay and doing quite well with 2 days to go. The high beams are 9005's, curious if you have found some to match up with your HID low beams that are the same color. I bought some PIAA Extreme Whites they still looked very yellow compared to the HID lights, so they are now on ebay as well. :noworries Anyway I want a uniform look for highs and lows, I am still debating the fog lights, which btw I took out and mine are GE 893's on socket and 899 on the bulb itself, no wonder everybody is confused. But what I have read is those 2 are interchangeable, but they are not with the 891 that is listed in my manual in one spot, but then listed as an 899 in another. Any recommendations on the fog light coloring would be appreciated.
You can try these for your high beams, it says 9005/9006. I had a pair of the Piaa GTX 9005/9006 but could not get them to fit in the highs, even tried changing the o-ring, no success. I got the H3 for my bike and will let you all know if the color is closer to the 8000k HIDs.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PIAA...ewItemQQcategoryZ36476QQitemZ8022944048QQrdZ1
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
45 Posts
Armada_24s said:
I just got my HID conversion kit in today, Ill probably install it tomorrow or the next day, Its looks like a pretty easy install... If anyone has this same kit let me know how the install went and what you think of the kit...
Would you mind gaiving the link from where you bought them from? Thanks!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,362 Posts
cali_luv211 said:
What color temp. should I go with?
4300K, 6000K, 8000K, 10000K, or 12000K? And what's the difference? Anyone....thanks for the help.
4300k = white
6000k = slight blue tint
8000k = blue
10000k+ = purple

Merc, Lexus, Infiniti, etc. all the stock HIDs use 4300K. They give off the most light. As you climb the scale, the light decreases. The highest approved for street use is 8000k. You pick. I wish I had gotten 4300k but then all I want is light, not bling. Silverstars and PIAA are about 3800k ;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
45 Posts
92TripleBlack said:
4300k = white
6000k = slight blue tint
8000k = blue
10000k+ = purple

Merc, Lexus, Infiniti, etc. all the stock HIDs use 4300K. They give off the most light. As you climb the scale, the light decreases. The highest approved for street use is 8000k. You pick. I wish I had gotten 4300k but then all I want is light, not bling. Silverstars and PIAA are about 3800k ;)
Thanks for the info.... :urthebest
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top