Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
61 - 80 of 90 Posts

· Premium Member
816 Posts
Armada915 said:
I had to cut away too much of the headlight housing for these puppies to fit. Plus some of the plastic under the blinker. There is just too much to cut away.
Just to clarify, the reason these are not working is because the projectors you are using are from a Infiniti Q45, which are 4-5 inches in diameter... right?

· Premium Member
60 Posts
Correct. These hit the lense of the headlight unless you cut away at the back of the headlight housing. Plus the biggest draw back is that they would not be adjustable.

esMada said:
Just to clarify, the reason these are not working is because the projectors you are using are from a Infiniti Q45, which are 4-5 inches in diameter... right?

· Premium Member
60 Posts
NEW Retrofit Project BMW E60 5series Projectos and dual Halos

I am trying to get everything on these babies to fit nicely in the OEM headlights.....If I am successfull...I will try and have a nice blue print to follow after they are complete.

Attachments

· Premium Member
180 Posts
hey i have HID bulbs in my armada that are made for the headlights and they look and work amazing! The only difference is that mine dont have that sharp cut off on the top. To some ppl thats good or bad but i drive next to any other cars w/ stock HIDs and mine out shine theres day and night! No dead/blind spots eithers...all uniform!

· Premium Member
24 Posts
Do anyone make non halo/led projector headlights? I don't really care for them, may be the black ones. May be mod the OEM. Examples are great on this thread. I did use PnP HID for low/high/fog, but want a more focused low beam. I have no cut-off. I also have no problem with blinding oncoming traffic now.

· Premium Member
24 Posts
Thanks esMada. I am loving this site. All you guys are helpful to a newbie. Thanks again.

· Premium Member
24 Posts
Armada915 said:
I am trying to get everything on these babies to fit nicely in the OEM headlights.....If I am successfull...I will try and have a nice blue print to follow after they are complete.
Armada915, Could you post pics of the rear of the OEM headlight or do you have a DIY on how you did this?

· Premium Member
60 Posts
07ArmadaLE Driver said:
Armada915, Could you post pics of the rear of the OEM headlight or do you have a DIY on how you did this?
The "How too" will be ready late next week.....pics, measurements, ect...

· Premium Member
498 Posts
Armada915 said:
The "How too" will be ready late next week.....pics, measurements, ect...
:udaman: That would be a great contibution and unselfish of you. Lemme thank you in advance!

· Premium Member
60 Posts
Retrofit DONE :)

galaktified said:
:udaman: That would be a great contibution and unselfish of you. Lemme thank you in advance!
I am done with the retro fit! I will have the "How To Guide" ready soon. Been busy the past couple weeks.

Attachments

· Premium Member
24 Posts
Armada915 said:
I am done with the retro fit! I will have the "How To Guide" ready soon. Been busy the past couple weeks.
I want to do the same retro, but don't think I could do it without some help. Can't wait.

· Premium Member
816 Posts
WC4NC said:
Wow, definetely some good info provided by all. I just want to get a brighter ring that will fit my halo headlights. Does anybody know the correct size for the CCFL halo ring?
The halo ring is about 4 inches in diameter. I'm not good at metric, but I think that translates to a bit over 100 mm.

· Premium Member
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
WC4NC said:
Wow, definetely some good info provided by all. I just want to get a brighter ring that will fit my halo headlights. Does anybody know the correct size for the CCFL halo ring?
My ccfl rings are 95mm. If fits perfect in the halo groove.

· Premium Member
5 Posts
installation instructions

I just ordered a retrofit kit for my halo projectors and I am trying to find some installation instructions on how to make this thing work. I am trying to figure out where two wires go. The ballast has the cable that goes to the hid bulb and then two wires just hanging out on the end. I am thinking that those wires go to the light adapter that goes to the truck light connector. Could you please help me out?

· Premium Member
60 Posts
You are correct. The set of wires that has the HID bulb connectrors goes to the bulbs. The other set of wires coming from the ballasts goes to the low beam power wires coming from the headlight harness. On the OEM harness...the positive is red with a yellow strip and the negative is the black with a silver stripe or silver dots.

Hope this helps

smailliw2014 said:
I just ordered a retrofit kit for my halo projectors and I am trying to find some installation instructions on how to make this thing work. I am trying to figure out where two wires go. The ballast has the cable that goes to the hid bulb and then two wires just hanging out on the end. I am thinking that those wires go to the light adapter that goes to the truck light connector. Could you please help me out?

61 - 80 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.