Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cool: Hello;
I'm just back from my first long trip on my '05 Armada SE and love it!! From Socal to Lake Tahoe and not a single problem, what a difference this engine makes!! Any way,, is any one using a hood bug deflector?? Does it really works?? What your opinion about it?? Also has anyone removed the V8 signs on the sides? And how you did it??
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
I have a Lund hood deflector. I like it because it keeps the hood from getting pitted. The V8 is probably stuck with 3M tape, use dental floss to take it off but check to make sure it is only tape that holds it on.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
I have a hood bug deflector I got from my Nissan Dealer. It does stop pits on the hood but I still get bug juice on my windshield from time to time.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
I had one installed at the dealership....tired of cleaning the bugs off of the hood area....looks good, but also get a few bugs still wanting to commit suicide.... :pullout:

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
I removed all my rear decals (minus the huge Nissan logo) w/ fishing line. Very easy. Hand rolled the 3M off, then finished it all up with some Goo Gone.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks gus for your advise, I started removing the "V8" and so far one side is done with dental floss, I'll finish it tomorrow after I buy the Goo Gone. It looks much clean with out them!!!

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
I think I'm going to de-badge this weekend also...pics to be added to my cardomain page for the curious.

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
I'm just waiting for the summer to debadge. It gets about 95-100 degrees here in the Valley. Those badges will basically pull off by hand. Yes I did this last summer to another Armada. A galaxy black Armada parked in the sun for 6 hours. I figure the sheet metal is closer to 120 or more degrees.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm done removing the "V8" sign on bouth sides,, it looks great and clean and best of all no damage to the paint or any indication that there was something in there.. Thanks again guys..

·
Banned
1,215 Posts
They do work and really keep the rock chips off. They do more for rocks than bugs.

Just added this to the site. Use "Search by Vehicle" to find it along with some other new items.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts