Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a hood protector or bug sheild I have already installed an overlay billet grill I am debating on whether to put it on or not I just cant make up my mind . The truck looks great either way .
What do you guys and girls think ??

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
I'd put it on. I am going to soon on mine but haven't yet and already I have a couple rock dings I wouldn't have if I had done it earlier. ;)

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
I installed the Nissan hood protector, and there is no metal or plastic directly touching any surface of the paint. There are clear rubber type tabs that you install where the rubbing points are, which will prevent scratching of any kind....very good quality IMO.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
mine is Galaxy black, and could not take it anymore many rock dings on the hood finally I installed the bugshield and still looks nice, and the 3M tape that comes with it helps protect the hood and not leave any marks after removal ;)

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
I pulled mine off- it just really messed with the "flow" of the lines to me. Of course, I also pulled my badges off the back, so that tells you something too. :D

Why don't you investigate the clear,protective film you can get for the front if you're worried about it. I live in southeast Texas where every summer we get these little black bugs (love bugs) that are terrible for paint. Even still, I just keep the vehicle waxed and cleaned and I don't let them sit on the paint. It's a little more work, but I don't mind and it beats having an ugly piece of plastic bolted to the front of my ride.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
Depends

I do a lot of highway driving so I needed one for protection. Rock chips, etc will mess up the front of the truck. Like adjmcloon, I think that the standard black shield clashes with the lines of the truck (unless you have the galaxy color). I compromised and got one painted to match the color of my truck. It blends in very well and I sometimes forget that I have a bugshield. If you do a lot of highway travel I would recommend one...........

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
I'm going to get a stainless one. I think this looks much better with many of the colors than the stock black one. Burtman has them. Fits in with my chrome front end. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
92TripleBlack said:
I'm going to get a stainless one. I think this looks much better with many of the colors than the stock black one. Burtman has them. Fits in with my chrome front end. ;)
Hey triple I'm sure its gonna look really nice on your red braun, post some pictures when done. :cool:

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Vote yes for the regular black shield and NO for the chrome.....

The chrome is gaudy imo might go good with a set of 24's though.

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
andy said:
I'm telling you that Triple will have 24's on his Armada soon! and the spinner exhaust. :)
EEEh. Wrong answer. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,258 Posts
When my Armada was 6 months old, I had 9 rock chips already on the front of the hood. I put on a Lund bug deflector and no more chips. It also seems to keep the windshield cleaner too.
I'm not crazy about the looks but the dark smoke color is barely noticeable on the Black Galaxy color paint.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
adjmcloon said:
Triple,

Were you joking? A chrome bug shield?

You truly have gone bling-bling on us. :D
I'm not into bling at all, but I'm with Triple on this one, I dig the stainless bug sheild.

http://www.clubarmada.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=480

This one's a touch too much chrome for me, particularly with the wheels, but I GOTS to tell you.....don't look bad :)

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
I went with the 3M clear bra!

I opted for the 3M clear bra and love it. The kit was $500 bucks and it protects the first 18 inches of my hood, the mirrors, the headlights, the foglights, basically all the plastic in the front and about 1/3 of the front fenders. The kit also came with a strip to protect under the gas cap and for under the rear windshield wiper. My local installer, Tint King, in Billerica MA wanted like $600-700 but said if I DID NOT do the chrome grill he would do it all for $500. IMO opinion that is a good option because if that plastic chrome gets chipped bad I can opt for a billett grill or buy a new one from the factory. In any case, I have had the clear bra on since April 05 and it has done a great job of preotecting my front end. A few rocks have left a slight trace that I know would have chipped the paint. But the 3M kit protects so much more than the regular shield. Most plastic headlights will be sandblasted after 50K - mine will be protected. I will use this product on every new vehicle I buy. Cheap insurance to me. Incidentally, my buddy just bought an '05 Pathfinder and right from the factory it had 3M shield on many of the leading edges to protect from chipping. Sorry if this sounds like an advertisement - it is not - just a happy customer :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.