Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, I recently bought a 2014 SV that's 4WD and I'm happy to say it has leather seats.

An SV with 4WD automatically has the "Driver Package." But the Driver package does not include leather seats! Furthermore, leather was NOT an option in itself. Nowhere in ANY literature can I find leather as a possibility for an SV! I even looked at scores and scores of SVs on Autotrader across the country and not one has leather seats! I know I don't have an SL because I have: no auto leveling rear suspension, 18" wheels, 2.9 gears listed on the sticker, no front hooks, no power 3rd row seats, etc. ...all impossible with SL's and Platinums.

The only thing I can think of is:
(1) Someone replaced them, but that's far fetched because the 2nd row (including the middle) AND the little used rear are all leather;
(2) Could someone have screwed up at the factory? That also seems far fetched.

What else could it be?

Here's a very detailed brochure on the 2014 where all possibilities are listed at the end:
https://cdn.dealereprocess.org/cdn/brochures/nissan/2014-armada.pdf

Thanks for any input!!
-Tony

·
Registered
83 Posts
Tony,

I recently shared my newly acquired 2013 SV has the leather package too with heathed seats and DVD players in the headrests.
I called Nissan USA and they confirmed that my SV didn't come with the leather package. Knowing this info tells me someone went to great lengths to option out the Armada I'm now enjoying.
Enjoy(y)

·
Super Moderator
5,219 Posts
all you have to do is take your VIN to the dealer. they can pull up exactly what the car shps with. most likely someone replaced the seats. its not hard to do.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
all you have to do is take your VIN to the dealer. they can pull up exactly what the car shps with. most likely someone replaced the seats. its not hard to do.
(1) How would they get leather seats? Is there a way to purchase them? I ask because I could save a lot of money getting a 2018 SV and just buying leather seats.

(2) But I know what it shipped with by looking at the PDF I posted above - meaning there IS no way to get leather with an SV ...or am I missing something? Like, if it's possible to oder an SV and say "hey, add leather seats?" ...or just add the chrome on the exterior? Can single items be added like that? I thought it was impossible.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
5,219 Posts
1. yes just like you can purchase the grille, the rear seats, fenders, etc.-theres online parts stores, salvage yards, fleabay.. :)
2. the SV or whatever the trim options are is just that-- trim options. its still the same base car. its not unreasonable to think a prior owner swiped out the seats.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Marctronixx, thank you very much for your reply! It looks like the most probable explanation is that an owner simply replaced them. That had to cost a fortune (probably more than just getting the SL).

But I still wonder if it is possible/impossible for the SV to ship with leather seats with the SV.

I think I'll give my VIN to a dealer sometime just to see if it was shipped with leather ...just for fun. Thanks again for taking my post seriously ...it's not a big concern in reality, but I really am having fun figuring it out. I've been a GM guy my whole life and going foreign for the 1st time ever recently, I'll have to learn all the little things like how these packages (options) work.

Oh, I just saw my discussion was moved to the "Interior Mods" section ...I guess that means someone feels it had to be a mod, and not shipped this way.

·
Super Moderator
5,219 Posts
i don't know the different trim levels but if your model trim is NOT supposed to have leather seats, you can believe nissan didnt put them in just for kicks. :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Tony,

Food for thought, If the car was bought from Carmax and maybe a similar chain. Carmax will offer to upgrade the interior to LEATHER if you want to pay for it. This option can be seen on display in their showroom. I'm not sure Carmax is North of the border but the most likely scenario is that the previous owner had them swapped.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Everyone, I recently bought a 2014 SV that's 4WD and I'm happy to say it has leather seats.

An SV with 4WD automatically has the "Driver Package." But the Driver package does not include leather seats! Furthermore, leather was NOT an option in itself. Nowhere in ANY literature can I find leather as a possibility for an SV! I even looked at scores and scores of SVs on Autotrader across the country and not one has leather seats! I know I don't have an SL because I have: no auto leveling rear suspension, 18" wheels, 2.9 gears listed on the sticker, no front hooks, no power 3rd row seats, etc. ...all impossible with SL's and Platinums.

The only thing I can think of is:
(1) Someone replaced them, but that's far fetched because the 2nd row (including the middle) AND the little used rear are all leather;
(2) Could someone have screwed up at the factory? That also seems far fetched.

What else could it be?

Here's a very detailed brochure on the 2014 where all possibilities are listed at the end:
https://cdn.dealereprocess.org/cdn/brochures/nissan/2014-armada.pdf

Thanks for any input!!
-Tony
Test drove a 2018 SV with cloth seats. Didn't care for the interior . Nissan sales guy said that there are converion kits to leather and they do those conversions occasionally. So maybe that is how your SV came about with leather.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Silver ghost & Imtfox:

Thanks for that info! I didn't know leather kits were even out there, like Katzkins. I also didn't know a dealer may install them!
It happens that my leather doesn't look like a well-fit cover like the kits. I'd see the connectors underneath if it were, and mine looks like factory.
But I'm open to that someone spent a ton of money getting the actual seats from some source.
Also, someone else is selling an SV on this forum that has leather seats! It's only the 2nd SV I've found with leather after looking at 100+ online for sale.

OMG!! Upon further inspection , I found a "KATZKIN" Label!!!!!

Wow, do these look professional and factory installed! The leather isn't holding up though, I'm getting color wear-off and this has only 60k on it. But I have to say, the Katzkin looks like it's original if anyone ever looks into it.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sure!

FYI, I removed the 2nd row and have the 3rd row down flat with stuff on top, so I can't get you photos of them. My Armada actually replaced my continuing use of minivans for the past 20+ years due to the cargo space I need.

I am also including an up-close photo of the Katzkin tag plus how the leather is wearing down/off. The blemishes were present when I purchased it at 55,000 miles, so I am not impressed with the reliability with Katzkin, especially if the leather was installed at zero miles. I have seen a post here and there on other sites that installers themselves recommend Alea leather kits over Katzkin since the leather is thicker.
Armada-SV-Leather1.jpg

OK, I also found these I saved when I purchased it:

·
Registered
83 Posts
If you look at the seats in your SV which are the Katzkin and mine "I think OEM" the stitching is not the same. The patterns are different as well. ?

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
FYI for everyone:
I just bought NEW leather seat replacements for my 2014 Armada for only $300!! They are usually $1300, but I got them for when mine wear out ...or I can put them on when I sell, making it looking like new inside.

They are Alea brand, not Katzkin. I have seen in forums that Alea are thicker leather and last longer.

So if anyone wishes they had leather, you CAN for about $400! The dealer is liquidating them on ebay right now (Feb/2020). Do a search on Alea Leather.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts