Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to remove these? I'm trying to get the armada in my garage, and need to remove them in order to fit it in. Does removing it leave screw holes exposed to the elements? Is this a practical solution?

·
Premium Member
5,215 Posts
It leaves 12 screw holes exposed and some very ugly recesses. I know, I took mine off then back on. There is no way to take the rack off and have the roof look decent without some extensive (read expensive) work done.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
scr38 said:
It leaves 12 screw holes exposed and some very ugly recesses. I know, I took mine off then back on. There is no way to take the rack off and have the roof look decent without some extensive (read expensive) work done.

Thanks for the heads up. I guess I'll be leaving it out!

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
You could always get creative with a sawsall, or maybe a :chainsaw: on that garage!
I am fortunate that I can fit into the garage even with a Thule box mounted on top. Just can't open it inside the garge :(

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
armoody said:
You could always get creative with a sawsall, or maybe a :chainsaw: on that garage!
I am fortunate that I can fit into the garage even with a Thule box mounted on top. Just can't open it inside the garge :(

Believe me, I've thought about it...

·
Premium Member
4,363 Posts
Hecdog said:
Believe me, I've thought about it...
I like the larger door option also. It would also be nice to have the value and aestetics of your home increase and allow you to do the Thule or bigger tires if you choose later. :D

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
92TripleBlack said:
I like the larger door option also. It would also be nice to have the value and aestetics of your home increase and allow you to do the Thule or bigger tires if you choose later. :D

Yeah, except I just bought a Wayne Dalton iDrive stealth garage door system--cost me $$$. I'll look into extending the door to make it taller--maybe they can add a panel or two. It's reasonably easy to heighten the door opening. Once inside my garage, it has 10 foot ceilings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts