Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

how much $$$ 4 ur armada???

6K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  inf3rno 
#1 ·
since im a young buyer ( 23 years only ) i wud like to know about u guys whats the avg. age and how much ur paying a month for ur armadas. i went to dealer and got a quote of 550 a month without insurance.. is this too much?? :clueless:

#2 ·
$550/month? There are so many questions that need to be answered before anyone could even think about telling you if this makes sense. Is this a lease or a loan? How many months? What is the sale price and sticker price of the Armada? What is the interest rate or money factor? Are you putting any money down? What is the MSRP? The fact that you and the dealer are only talking about monthly payments tells me that you are most likely about to get ripped off.

Being older (not necessarily wiser) I would urge you to get educated on car buying and leasing (try Edmunds.com). More importantly you should also consider if it is wise at your age to be buying a $40,000 vehicle. Unless your income/savings is significantly more than most 23 year olds, spending this much on a vehicle would be tough to justify. The last thing you want to do is to screw up your credit because you spent too much on a SUV. Going without a few things while you are young will mean you have a lot more to enjoy when you are older.

#3 ·
Math is fun

Flex the math side of your brain, it's fun. There are several nice car loan calculators online. Punch some numbers in, and you will start to get a "feel" for what is right. An example:

You finance $40,000 through Nisssan finance at the fantastic rate of 2%, and you do it over 72 months, or 6yrs. This gives you a monthly payment of $590. Maybe this is what your sales rep is thinking, I dont know..........but YOU SHOULD.

Armadas are selling for 500-1000 below invoice in my area (Boston), BEFORE any rebate, cashback, 1.9% financing, etc.

Flex that math brain, and remember, it's YOUR money.

#4 ·
Also, it depends on what you want to spend. You could go for a full boat LE '05 new or a used SE '04 base model. Very different prices. You should be able to get the second for under $30k and the first is going to be in the $40s. Here's a current list of used '04 from Carmax. New, you need to shop around. I used internet pricing and got mine for $2000 under sticker out the door (including taxes, tags, etc) with 2% financing. This is about $5 grand off sticker, $1000 of invoice and 2% financing. :p

#5 ·
mrenadette said:
....The fact that you and the dealer are only talking about monthly payments tells me that you are most likely about to get ripped off.......
Ditto that opinion. Lease or purchase, figure out all the costs, fees, options, taxes etc. and get the best price on that. Then figure out if you need to lease or purchase, financing etc. and get your best deal on that. Most likely, financing will be hard to beat right now other than the dealer, leases I am not so sure of. Edmunds.com is an excellent source for buyers education.

More advice, have you been putting $550 / month to see what that feels like out of your income? Try it for a few months, then decide if you're up for that. Plus, you'll have more $$ for a down payment or those shiny dubs and you can buy an '06. Thats just my .02.

#6 ·
Can you 'afford' it

I and my wife are both 33 and we both work. I hate to say that most people my age don't know what they can "afford". All they see is what they want and that they can hammer a "payment" into their monthly income. Lots of very serious terms used loosely in here. It was mentioned in another threat (good advice) you shouldn't even be considering a new truck until you own some property. My wife and I just sold an investment property that is paying off some bills and partially funding the purchase of this vehicle even though we could pay for it with our combined incomes without much problem. Run a quick calculation. Multiply your annual gross income by 10% $20K=$2,000 $40K=$4000 etc. Now divide that by 12 months. Your total car expenses for the month: payment, insurance, gas, etc. shouldn't exceed this amount. Now can you "afford" it. If yes then that is the number you shoot for. Don't let the dealer pick a "payment" for you. Good credit will be very important to you when trying to borrow money and getting the best rates. Guard your credit with your life.

#7 ·
thx...

yes i shud say ( even tho again im 23 ) im(was) looking at a LE 05' sunroof pkg, 4x4. i was trying to get number on both ways, purchase or leasing, all this with 10.000 down. now with the leasing i was on about 380-410 a month, buying on about 490-550 a month, again with $10 grand down, using the dealer's apr of 6%. now im looking for a larger vehicle, saw the armada, LOVED IT, TESTED IT, and since i have a daughter, i need something big. im tired of going on trips taking 2 cars ( go with mom dad and brother, me and my 2 loved ones ) as u said it i dont want to get into a debt for 6 yrs and working to pay the truck only. i have all this in mind, im young buyer but i got my head where it shud be. i also considered the 06 model, but up untill now if i can get a payment and insurance all for about 600 a month i think i can do it. mind u i have a friend on a dealer that is getting me an LE 4x4 sunroof pkg. for $36,900. now i know thats not bad at all, but then i heard bout the brake issue on the truck and that put everything on hold. now i guess the have a permanent fix for it, but im not gonna jump on buying something if i cant afford it.

but thx a lot for opinions, ill check edmunds.com :)

#9 ·
3% financing offer through Nissan right now on Armada for 48 ro 60 mo.

#13 ·
I bought my '04 SE Offroad 4x4 almost a year ago to the day. Stickered at $41,000 and some change plus tax. Out the door for $36,200 plus tax. I'm 55 years old with pretty good credit. Got Nissan's 3% rate at that time with an 8,000 down payment and financed for 48 months. Payment is $675 per month, but its over in 3 more years.

#14 ·
Armada said:
I bought my '04 SE Offroad 4x4 almost a year ago to the day. Stickered at $41,000 and some change plus tax. Out the door for $36,200 plus tax. I'm 55 years old with pretty good credit. Got Nissan's 3% rate at that time with an 8,000 down payment and financed for 48 months. Payment is $675 per month, but its over in 3 more years.
wow.. i dont wanna wait till; im 55 to buy this beast :( and im planning on a 12-15 grand down for an LE. so far my credit is good.. i dont think i can wait 30 more years :D

#17 ·
Wow .. youth .. (and I'm not disrespecting "youth" .. just times have changed ... LOL)

My 1st NEW car (at 24) .. '79 Honda .. something like $7000.00 (financed .. 3 yrs)

My 2nd NEW car (at 29).. '84 Z31 Turbo .. less than $20,000.00 (financed .. 5 yrs)

My 1st NEW truck (you figure it out) .. '05 Armada LE .. 'round $38,000.00 (cash)

save your $ .. buy a house .. invest .. unless you have the income (maybe a dot.com'r?? There's still $$ to be made there ...)

#19 ·
how much for your armada

05 SE w/towpkg msrp 36 something, got it below invoice for 32,something
out the door for 34,989 im not sure but its around that range, 3,000 down, monthly is $649, only had 2 miles on it, i wanted an armada with 0 miles but they didnt have the color i wanted :confused:

recenly added Eclipse dvd navigation in dash touch screen, and 2 12" flip down lcd monitors, jl audio 6x9 jl audio 6.5 components for rears, jl 1000/1 amp jl audio 300/4 and 12" jl audio w6v2 :)

#20 ·
JL Audio

armagdn,

How do the JL audio components sound????? I was thinking about adding these. Do you have a sep amp to push them or are you using the stock radio?????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.