Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

181 - 186 of 186 Posts

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
That's a great thought! ...I didn't think of that. I can think of 3 things I may not want:
(1) All SV's and Plat's came with the higher gears (3.3) whereas the SV's have the lower 2.9 rear gears. I get 21 MPG on the highway with them, so maybe that's it?
(2) The smaller 18" wheels on the SV's could be more desirable over the 20" by someone?
(3) SV's don't have Intelligent Key; that's something I would NOT want personally.

I started a thread on the Interior Mods in case you're interested about the leather.
This is interesting with the different gear ratios and tire sizes. Best we have gotten was 16mpg on the highway with ours. Been getting around 10.5 mpg around town. I would love for your mileage.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
2015 Platinum Reserve White, 51k, Captain 2nd row. two-tone leather. Gunmetal wheels, clean inside and out, clean Carfax, new brakes, new tires, PM serviced, State inspection, and full detailing prior to picking it up. $24,888. The thing still feels brand new. We love it thus far.

·
Registered
87 Posts
If you go for the 1st Generation 2004-2011 they can be had for $4k-$13k from what I've noticed. While hunting for an Armada first generation later years 2012-2015 in 4x4. I was seeing prices in the range of $15k-$30k this of course was based on miles and clean title. Private Party listings were in line with most dealers so not much of a difference based on my search. I tried like crazy to stay under $15k for a late model first generation but couldn't find a good deal that had less than 80k miles.

The 2nd generations are around just under $30k range on up in our area again with clean title 2wd or 4x4.

While searching I came across 2013 Graphite Blue (Not a common color which I like) Platinum 4x4 w/25k original miles It was a one owner. That family wanted $25k for that one and I liked it a lot but it was more than I was wanting to spend.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Tanks: That color, blue/grey is my favorite color for any vehicle! But (and you may already know this) I recommend looking at SOLD prices, not asking prices. For example, that $25k 2013 you found for sale may only sell for $21 after it remains unsold for many months. I use Edmunds because they track SALE/SOLD prices, but Kelly Blue Book uses average ASKING price. When auto dealers mention Kelly Blue Book, they get to use the average ASKING price (which is meaningless when trying to appraise a car), so they LOVE using KBB.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Tanks: That color, blue/grey is my favorite color for any vehicle! But (and you may already know this) I recommend looking at SOLD prices, not asking prices. For example, that $25k 2013 you found for sale may only sell for $21 after it remains unsold for many months. I use Edmunds because they track SALE/SOLD prices, but Kelly Blue Book uses average ASKING price. When auto dealers mention Kelly Blue Book, they get to use the average ASKING price (which is meaningless when trying to appraise a car), so they LOVE using KBB.
I agree with the tools you have mentioned above. I try not not use KBB when searching for vehicles at all. Edmunds is nice and several others.

That one I shared above 2013 did sit for a month or so but it is gone now. I saw it listed for sale at Carvana, so I'm thinking they took their offer. From what I've been reading online Carvana is paying higher prices than say Carmax or other services. You can also see that in their prices when searching for autos if you happen to see their ads.

181 - 186 of 186 Posts