Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How should I check the air shock absorver to see if they are working or not? I replaced a damaged one. Please suggestions.
Thanks
Trinidad

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
Trinidad - are you talking about the rear leveling system? I would think the best way would be to put a load in the back of your truck. Then start the engine and see whether the compressor starts up and lifts the back up to its normal height.

Keith

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Air Shocks Absorver

Campfamily said:
Trinidad - are you talking about the rear leveling system? I would think the best way would be to put a load in the back of your truck. Then start the engine and see whether the compressor starts up and lifts the back up to its normal height.

Keith
Yes, I am talking about the rear leveling system. I see. do you know how heavy should it be in order to see it work?

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
If you have a couple of people handy, have them sit in the back seat. A couple of hundred pounds should do it.

Keith

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Air Shocks Absorver

Campfamily said:
If you have a couple of people handy, have them sit in the back seat. A couple of hundred pounds should do it.

Keith
I will try it this afternoon, Thank you kinly.

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Yup ... get your a few heavy friends, pop the lift gate and have them seat at the back of your truck. Turn the ignition switch to on (without starting the engine) and you should notice the air pump will start to work. The noise of the pump is noticable.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Air Shocks absorver

drcookie said:
Yup ... get your a few heavy friends, pop the lift gate and have them seat at the back of your truck. Turn the ignition switch to on (without starting the engine) and you should notice the air pump will start to work. The noise of the pump is noticable.
Thank you much clear. I can wait to finished work and go home and do this.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Air Shocks

trinidad said:
Thank you much clear. I can wait to finished work and go home and do this.
I tried and it didn't work, I have my wife, my 3 kids and myself about 700 pounds total and nothing happened. What should I do next? Suggestions please.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
Suspension

Don't know if it will help, but if I drive my front wheels up, say a steep driveway and leave the rear wheels on the level (rear of vehicle is lower than front) my compressor turns on if I park it like that for a few minutes.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Air Shocks

thundertracks said:
Don't know if it will help, but if I drive my front wheels up, say a steep driveway and leave the rear wheels on the level (rear of vehicle is lower than front) my compressor turns on if I park it like that for a few minutes.
Thank you, I will try it tomorrow.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Air Shocks

I tried and it didn't work, I have my wife, my 3 kids and myself about 700 pounds total and nothing happened. What should I do next? Suggestions please.
Start the engine and pump should start in about 30 seconds. If weight is inside vehicle might not be enough to weigh down rear. It works when I hook up my 6700 lb camper.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts