Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The air filters for the A/C and heat need to be changed at least once a year, more often if you are in dusty/dirty conditions. Jet Tech, on our sister site ClubTitan, has an excellent post on this. Look here:
http://www.clubtitan.org/postt906.html

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Does anyone have the info from this post by Jet Tech of the Titan site? It is not on the site anymore.

Also some one was selling cabin filters that they manufactured themselves. Who was that and did anyone buy one?

Joe

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Thanks....

I tried the search function but came up empty handed.

Joe

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
shes in the shop now....oil change...etc...$89.00 for air filter change

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
$89 for the cabin filter? Damn, the filters can be had for $20 and takes all of 10 minutes to take out the 6 or so screws replace the filter and put everything back together. I'm all for paying someone else to do something you don't have time for but when the dealers rape you for 10 minutes worth of work that is just wrong.

·
SHIFT_Moderator
13,200 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
You guys don't need to take all the screws out to get to the cabin filters. Underneath the glovebox is two retainer pins. Flip it and pull out and the glovebox come out.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
baseballfanz said:
You guys don't need to take all the screws out to get to the cabin filters. Underneath the glovebox is two retainer pins. Flip it and pull out and the glovebox come out.
Thanks BBF, perfect timing. I had planned to tackle the micro filter this weekend. Hard to beleave it's been a year since we got the Mada.:)
Pete

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
Do all of the MADA's have a cabin filter or is that just for LE's? I know you can add them according to the Titan website, just wasnt sure if all MADA models carried them.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
dahubby said:
Do all of the MADA's have a cabin filter or is that just for LE's? I know you can add them according to the Titan website, just wasnt sure if all MADA models carried them.
The LE's unless ordered.

·
SHIFT_Moderator
13,200 Posts
dahubby said:
llajumpvid said:
The LE's unless ordered.
Mine is an 06 SE 4X4 and it came with the cabin filters. I changed them not too long ago!

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
dahubby said:
Yes, its standard on all Armadas:cool:

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
They must of changed since the 04's because it wasn't at the time I got mine...it was a $50 add on.

·
Premium Member
486 Posts
i've read here sometime ago that instead of buying a new filter all they did was carefully washed them off and let them air dry. anyone tried washing them off?

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
brysig228 said:
i've read here sometime ago that instead of buying a new filter all they did was carefully washed them off and let them air dry. anyone tried washing them off?
No but I did order a set of washable filters for $50 shipped. The factory ones are paper so it's hard to wash with water and it still be intact.

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts

·
SHIFT_Moderator
13,200 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
The $50 filter was directly from Nissan, same as their $50 for a set of $5 front mud flaps. At the time I ordered mine only the LE...maybe it was only the tech package were they only ones which it came standard.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts