Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody figured out how to disable this feature? I see how to disable the automatic unlock, but not the lock. This feature annoys me, primarily because the doors don't unlock until the engine is turned off; why didn't Nissan do what everybody else does and have the doors unlock when the truck is put in Park? It's a hassle to fumble to unlock the doors every time I need to let somebody out of the car at the curb or before I back into the garage, particularly at night.

Keith

·
Premium Member
3,332 Posts
did u try this already? it was in an old thread..

The automatic lock and unlock functions
can be deactivated or activated independently of each other. To deactivate or activate
the automatic door lock or unlock system, perform the following procedure:
1. Close all doors.
2. Place the ignition switch in the ON position.
3. Do one of the following within 20 seconds of
performing Step #2:
● To change AUTO UNLOCK settings:
push and hold the power door lock switch
to the position (UNLOCK) for more
than 5 seconds.
● To change AUTO LOCK settings: push
and hold the power door lock switch to
the position (LOCK) for more
than 5 seconds.
4. When activated, the hazard warning lights
will flash twice. When deactivated, the hazard warning lights will flash once.
5. The ignition switch must be placed in the
OFF and ON position again between each
setting change.

3-6 of the pdf

http://www.nissanusa.com/pdf/techpubs/armada/2010/2010-Nissan-Armada.pdf

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Has anybody figured out how to disable this feature? I see how to disable the automatic unlock, but not the lock. This feature annoys me, primarily because the doors don't unlock until the engine is turned off; why didn't Nissan do what everybody else does and have the doors unlock when the truck is put in Park? It's a hassle to fumble to unlock the doors every time I need to let somebody out of the car at the curb or before I back into the garage, particularly at night.

Keith
I have a 2013 and at first the option to turn off the auto locking function was not available. Had to take the truck into the dealer and they did an update on the firmware and turned on "Convenience and Comfort settings".

Go under settings and look for Conv. and Comfort settings, or something closely to that. If you find that, you'll see a choice for "Locks" on or off. Choose off, and that should do it.

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 2013 and at first the option to turn off the auto locking function was not available. Had to take the truck into the dealer and they did an update on the firmware and turned on "Convenience and Comfort settings".

Go under settings and look for Conv. and Comfort settings, or something closely to that. If you find that, you'll see a choice for "Locks" on or off. Choose off, and that should do it.
Mine is a 2012, and this feature isn't controlled through the Comfort & Convenience menu, it is controlled by the remote, and holding the button down for five seconds while the key is turned on and the engine not running. But, all that does is turn off the auto unlock when the engine is turned off (either it does or doesn't unlock), it doesn't disable the autolock in the first place, which is what I want to do. I think the 2012 is different, in 2013, they upgraded the interface to be more like the Infiniti interface, which is why Comfort & Convenience didn't work originally, and had to be fixed via TSB from the dealer.

Keith

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

can be deactivated or activated independently of each other. To deactivate or activate
1. Close all doors.
performing Step #2:
than 5 seconds.
than 5 seconds.
setting change.

3-6 of the pdf

I noticed your link is to the 2010 owners manual. So, I looked at the same page in the manual for my truck (a 2012), and interestingly, mine says doing this only controls the unlock feature, whereas the 2010 manual says it controls both the lock and unlock. When I get home tonight, I'm going to try the procedure from the 2010 model and see if it works. Thanks for the link, hope it works!!

Keith

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
I noticed your link is to the 2010 owners manual. So, I looked at the same page in the manual for my truck (a 2012), and interestingly, mine says doing this only controls the unlock feature, whereas the 2010 manual says it controls both the lock and unlock. When I get home tonight, I'm going to try the procedure from the 2010 model and see if it works. Thanks for the link, hope it works!!

Keith
Works perfectly on my 2012 both for lock and unlock....I sure appreciate the info....the auto lock feature was a real annoyance, thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Works perfectly on my 2012 both for lock and unlock....I sure appreciate the info....the auto lock feature was a real annoyance, thanks!
I never did try this, the wife stopped complaining about it, so I forgot. I need to go do this, and see if it works on mine.

Thanks for the reminder!

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead......

I'm trying to find out if it's possible to have my 15 Armada auto unlock when shifter is put into park.

The holding down lock/unlock button for 5 secs seems to only change behavior of auto unlocking when the key is turned off.

This and no outside temp in the main 7" screen annoy me!

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Nissan USA replied back to an email quickly. Said I need to take it to a dealer to have them program the auto unlock when put into PARK. Great, what a great piece of engineering! Rolls eyes.

No way to place put outside ambient temp next to clock on main 7" screen. Nice.

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nissan USA replied back to an email quickly. Said I need to take it to a dealer to have them program the auto unlock when put into PARK. Great, what a great piece of engineering! Rolls eyes.

No way to place put outside ambient temp next to clock on main 7" screen. Nice.
If you have success at your dealer getting them to reprogram your car to unlock when it is put in park, make sure to post what they did on this forum. So far, I am not aware of this being possible. I have disabled the auto-lock on my truck because the "unlock on engine off" annoyed me so much.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
This is what Nissan USA said in the email:

Yes, there is a way to change the auto unlocking function of the vehicle to auto unlock when the shifter moves to park. A dealer would have to perform this change using a consult laptop. Should your Nissan Dealer be unsure how to perform this change, your Dealer can contact our Technical Department for assistance

Case # 20970516 has been created to document your comments. If you have any additional concerns or comments, please feel free to email or contact us directly at 1-800-647-7261 (ext. 457300).

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is what Nissan USA said in the email:

Yes, there is a way to change the auto unlocking function of the vehicle to auto unlock when the shifter moves to park. A dealer would have to perform this change using a consult laptop. Should your Nissan Dealer be unsure how to perform this change, your Dealer can contact our Technical Department for assistance

Case # 20970516 has been created to document your comments. If you have any additional concerns or comments, please feel free to email or contact us directly at 1-800-647-7261 (ext. 457300).
Sweet! Let us know when you've had this done!!

Keith

·
Registered
1 Posts

1. Close all doors.
performing Step #2:
than 5 seconds.
than 5 seconds.
setting change.

3-6 of the pdf

2020 Nissan Armada Platinum I had follow the instructions to disable Auto Unlock and it worked.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts