Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does the PS2 work? I bought a converter.

We are taking a trip to Ohio for Thanksgiving and I would like to keep my boy occupied.
I stopped at the dealer and they were no help. Imagine that.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
mustang mike 93 said:

We are taking a trip to Ohio for Thanksgiving and I would like to keep my boy occupied.
Thanks.
Hey Mike, I'm sure there is plenty of help to be had here but could you be a little more descriptive of the problem?

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry about that. We have tried to play the playstation and nothing comes on. I believe it says "AUX". The DVD works fine. Do I make anything clearer this time? Bottom line how do you all get the PS2 to play?

James,
I take it you are a C-17 man.

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
mustang mike 93 said:
Sorry about that. We have tried to play the playstation and nothing comes on. I believe it says "AUX". The DVD works fine. Do I make anything clearer this time? Bottom line how do you all get the PS2 to play?

James,
I take it you are a C-17 man.
Ok, how are you getting signal from PS2 to monitor? What I did was hook the RCA from PS2 to my DVD player AUX input. Select AUX on the DVD player and it should be good to go. Your DVD player factory or aftermarket?

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
Is there and AUX input on the DVD player? Seems like you're not getting signal to the monitor. Where is your PS2 hook up to? Sorry if you thinked these are dumb questions but just trying to get a feel of how it's hook up.
All connections are tight, have you try the PS2 in the house to see if it work?

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well my MADA is w/ my wife at work so I'll have to look tomorrow. It has been awhile since I have tried to hook it up. I believe there is an AUX input on the DVD player. I know I had to run the RCA's out the back of my center console.

·
Premium Member
1,582 Posts
Yeah just make sure everything is plugged in, check that connection going in to the DVD AUX input. Also how much wattage is your power inverter? Hope you get it working, I took a trip recently and with the kids playing on the PS2 we got there with no fighting. :D
After you get it working let me know, you might want to look into getting a hard drive for your PS2 like I did. Copy all games to the hard drive and don't have to bring all the game disc with me, all the games are stored in the PS2. :D

·
Premium Member
4,360 Posts
mustang mike 93 said:

Thanks.
Plug converter into cigarette lighter in rear of front center console.
Plug RCA plugs into dvd input on front of DVD player. Enjoy. ;)

P.S. I put the PS2 under the driver's side seat, run the AV wires in between the seat and the console and into the console on the left side. This keeps all the wires neat. I keep the handsets in the rear doors when not in use and I also have a DVD case I use to hold games in one door. This way they can change and there aren't game cases everywhere. :noworries

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.