Nissan Armada & Infiniti QX56 Forums banner

101 - 120 of 145 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
use synthetic oil. I thought I'd save a few bucks on my first oil change and use conventional oil. It costed me about 30-40 miles on my fill-ups. I changed the oil back to Mobil-1 5/30 and the mileage went right back up. It was very noticeable.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
We get 13.4 city and 13.6 hwy out of our 2009 LE. I can drive it as hard as i want and it wont go below 13.2 in the city, but with 95% of the daily driving being hwy we cant get it over 13.6 hoping to take a trip to colorado soon so we'll see how real highway driving does for us. We didnt buy it for the mpg though we bought it because it is bad a$$ looking ride and no other full size suv can touch it.

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Buy a Versa!!LOL

·
Premium Member
1,475 Posts
bkpubman said:
We get 13.4 city and 13.6 hwy out of our 2009 LE. I can drive it as hard as i want and it wont go below 13.2 in the city, but with 95% of the daily driving being hwy we cant get it over 13.6 hoping to take a trip to colorado soon so we'll see how real highway driving does for us. We didnt buy it for the mpg though we bought it because it is bad a$$ looking ride and no other full size suv can touch it.

I went on a 1800 mile trip to CO this summer and I averaged 17.8 mpg. That was a personal best. Average is usually 16. That was with 5 people and the back loaded to the brim. Hopefully you can pull out the same.

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
i have an armada 2006 and the suv is giving me 9 milles per galon , i live in the dominican republic and the gas octane is not the best , what can i do to better the range in gas millage

·
Premium Member
26 Posts

I was just pulling up to the gas station when I took this pic. I filled with 23 gallons....if i remember correctly we have a 28gal tank. And my peg isnt on 'E' yet but its telling me i needed gas NOW! Im averaging 17mpg...i drive 90% highway.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Well, we pulled the trigger on a 2010 Armada SE 4x4 (wife's choice). Now, since she uses it for kid hauling and errands, what are the best mods to get the most from a tank of gas? She doesn't worry too much about performance (but me being a guy, a little more power is always nice).
So, let me know any thoughts/impressions

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
There isn't much you can do to the vehicle to increase mileage. Good driving habits and keeping tires properly inflated will give the best results.

·
Vendor
203 Posts
A tuner can help, Bullydog is a great plug n play unit otherwise a custom Uprev tune can dial in the fueling and guarantee that you're getting the best possible MPG for your setup

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Attach a large helium balloon to her right foot.

:p

·
Premium Member
3,451 Posts
Not much you can do, you bought an Urban Assault Vehicle, unless you leave it parked! LOL

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,814 Posts

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
One of the member took his fan and fan clutch off and replace it an electric one. He said he gained a little HP and about 1.5 mpg better.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
LOL, thanks guys, I know it will never be a Prius. I have a V8 in my BMW (550), so it's not like I get 40 mpg there either. Just looking to squeeze out as much as we can. At least the Armada doesn't take premium only like the Bimmer.

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
LOL, thanks guys, I know it will never be a Prius. I have a V8 in my BMW (550), so it's not like I get 40 mpg there either. Just looking to squeeze out as much as we can. At least the Armada doesn't take premium only like the Bimmer.
Hey, I have a 550 as well.....you and I have been communicating on bimmerfest. You have almost the same car I have!!

Keith

·
Premium Member
2,687 Posts
I've got an E46 M3 and despite the premium, it is still way more economical. And this is driving 100+ mph often.

The problem with the armada is if you drive it so it gets good gas mileage, it takes away all the fun!

Keeping the windows closed is supposed to help but driving style is the biggest gain (or loss :) )

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Hey, I have a 550 as well.....you and I have been communicating on bimmerfest. You have almost the same car I have!!

Keith
Hiya Kieth,
Yup, I've been a member there for a bit now. Since we needed a "family hauler" we got the wife what she wanted (which means less using my car for family outings ;) )

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
Hiya Kieth,
Yup, I've been a member there for a bit now. Since we needed a "family hauler" we got the wife what she wanted (which means less using my car for family outings ;) )
Same here...the 550 is my car, the Armada is the family hauler and vacation car. What part of SoCal you in, I'm in the San Gabriel Valley.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Same here...the 550 is my car, the Armada is the family hauler and vacation car. What part of SoCal you in, I'm in the San Gabriel Valley.
I am in OC, but I have a detailing business in Marina Del Rey. Will be taking some before and after shots of the Armada next weekend. It needs a detail BAAAAAD. Swirls galore, but I will bring it back and make it perfect again.

101 - 120 of 145 Posts